Monday, May 10, 2010

:: a holy calling next to angels ::

Is he not just the cutest guy in a pink apron? Yesterday for Mothers Day Brady made me a yummy dinner (steak, shrimp, potato crisps, and jello salad) and he made it all by himself and did all of the dishes. He even got out the cook book and found the recipes on his own. I have the BEST hubby EVER! It was fun to see him so proud of his master piece. Thanks sweets!!!
My first (hey I'm close enough right?) Mothers Day as a mom!

I think that moms are the best! I would not be who I am today if it weren't for my mom. She is always looking out for me and so willing to help me. As I have grown up I understand more and more why my mom stuck to her guns and am so grateful that she did. She is an amazing example to me and I love how smart she is. I can ask her just about anything and she know the answer and if she doesn't know it off the top of her head she always finds out the answer for me. She is my best friend. I love talking to her daily and some days multiple times a day. We love to cook, sew, watch movies, eat, talk about books, plant flowers, sit out in the back yard and relax in the sunshine, go to museums, travel, and play games together. I hope I can live up to her example. I love you mom and thanks for all that you do for us!
I know you have all been dying to see some baby bedding. When I started this project I never would have thought it would have taken me 2 months to complete it. This past weekend I FINALLY finished it!!!! Even though it took me forever to find the time and energy to complete it I am truly glad I made it myself. Because I absolutely LOVE it!! I cant wait to get to our new little apartment and get our nursery all set up.
Not only am I happy that the bedding is done and packed away I am THRILLED that I have my sewing mess cleaned up. As most of you know I HATE clutter and have to clean my house before we go to bed every night. Well lets just say this project mess of mine did not get put away daily and was always driving me crazy in the back of my head. So yeah for a clean house (for a few days until the boxes take over).
And the boxing has begins. Tonight Brady and I started boxing up our house. Wow did I forget how long this takes. We worked on it for about 3 hours tonight and our spare room doesn't even look like we made a dent in it. Thank you everyone who has asked us the question "have you started packing yet?" I had in my mind that it was not going to take us very long to get this done and we could do it all the week we are going to move. Well I am very grateful we caved in tonight and started because right now it seems like it will take us the next 2 weeks just to get it all done. Oh the joys of moving.

3 comments:

rabnerfamily said...

I wish I were there to help. I feel like I could still pack a box like the best of them, after our move, even though it has been 6 months. Find a good labeling system and stick to it.

Megan said...

i love the bedding! you did such a great job on it all. way to go kiddo! good luck with boxing. don't worry, if you get frustrated, just throw it in a box and don't fret over it. you'll see it in a few weeks and all will be well and you can find a new place for it in your new home.

i hope you are feeling better today. it was so great to see and talk to you yesterday. everything will work out, just keep calling and asking questions. do you and brady get a lunch break ya'll can call during? just relax, breathe and you'll learn all these new things you are having to learn. i love you!!

Adamson Family said...

Looks great. I'm excited two weeks until moving day. You're going to LOVE it!