Monday, August 31, 2009

:: the narrows ::

on saturday we hiked the narrows for my birthday. it was my first time doing this hike and it was a blast! the first 5 minuets in the ice cold water made me almost want to turn back but once my body became numb it was fun adventures from there. right here i thought i was going to kill myself... cody was running across this rock wall and jumping in and i thought it looked like fun and gave it a try... umm... yeah there was no edge to make you jump and it was weird and i was sure i was going to smash my face on the rocks. luckily to my surprise i didn't. i just belly flopped. needless to say i survived and am oh so glad!

the canyon was so gorgeous and we found lots of good hiding places along our hike.
this time jumping was much easier.

rock climb up and jump! now that is how it should be... right?!
cody and brady being thugs on the golden wall.


this hike was great fun and took its tole on my old lady body but was worth it. if you have never done it i highly recommend it. but don't wait too long the water is getting colder. we are so close we will join anyone if they are wanting to conquer it.

7 comments:

Aubrey Messick said...

so fun! can i come next time?

CallisterCatch said...

Well I feel awful. I had no idea it was your birthday. Happy Late Birthday!!! We had a blast. Thanks for the invite.

Kelsey Booth said...

Looks like fun. I haven't been hiking in so long.

Cole and Stephanie Fowler said...

Looks like a good time! Cole and I will have to do that sometime!

Amber Rasch said...

We are going on the September 26th... Never been but it looks like fun and we are super excited! Hope you guys are doing good!

Jaclyn said...

this is cool! I will hike the narrows one day...

Adamson Family said...

Looks REALLY Fun. Travis did that hike last year and loved it. I wasn't up to it, Little Livian was on the way :)