Tuesday, May 24, 2011

{playing in the sand}

To celebrate Brady's completion of his first year of PT school we packed the car and drove on down to Destin, Florida to spend a few days just relaxing on the beach basking in the sun. 
Ryker LOVED the sand from the get go. He was very determined to eat as much of it as he could. I guess he liked the crunch in between his teeth. 
Ryker's Island!!!
Ben Brady made this just for you!!
 We stayed at this amazing resort that was just a short walk to the baytowne wharf that was full of fun shops, great restaurants, activities for the kids, and live music every night. We enjoyed eating gelato while listening to the music.

 This was by far the best beach we have ever been to. The name the "emerald coast" is so true. Just look at the color of this water and the white sand. LOVE and even better there were no rock/ shells that hurt your feet.  The water was the perfect temperature and it was nice that it was not too hot yet.
 We have never had a vacation where all we did was swim, layout, nap, eat, swim, read books, play in the sand all day before. Truthfully I never thought it would be fun {I thought it might be boring} but it was one of our favorite vacations. I get it now.
 We tried to build a sand castle.... it is harder than it looks.
 The love of my life.
 Ryker was NOT a fan of the waves. It was a huge surprise to us because he LOVES the pool and the tub but I guess they can be scary for such a tiny guy.
Oh and we cant forget the beach ball. This is Ryker's new favorite toy. It kept him entertained on the dive there and back. Its perfect for the car because he could hit it at the seat and it would come back to him. While we were trying to pack Ryker kept hitting the ball off the bed so Brady created this cage to try and keep the ball close to Tiny.... hahaha that didn't really work but it did turn into a fun game for Ryker. 

9 comments:

Courtney B said...

Linds!! How FUN!! That sounds like the perfect little vacation! And hello...the beach and water are GORGEOUS! I am jealous :)
Congrats to Brady for finishing his first year!

Stacylyn said...

FUN!! I'm glad you were able to get away. Your bathing suit is super cute. You look so pretty!

The Mormon Bachelorette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Laidlaws said...

What a fun vacay! Wish I could've come. :)

Minnie said...

What a cute little stinker! those pictures are so sweet!

Blake and Annie Nielson said...

Looks sooo fun! I love the beach and can't wait til we all go next year. And Ryker looks so cute in his little suit and hat:)

Tana said...

Florida! That's awesome! You all look so happy!

Megan said...

GORGEOUS! so glad you had fun. it looked like a blast. ryker is a stud.

Joslyn said...

How fun! Love the beach pics! Too bad one of your friends have to go. Friends outside of Utah turn into family!