Tuesday, November 19, 2013

{First Boo Boo :: Stitch}

We had some friends over and my sweet Gray baby was having too much fun playing with the BIG kids and tripped and smacked his head on the edge of the window bench and split his tiny forehead open. It was scary for me. To see my sweet baby in so much pain and I did all I could not to throw up with all of the blood {yeah blood is NOT my thing}. The one good thing about this was that I had another adult here to help me get it all under control. I don't know what I would have done without Kelly. She was so sweet and held my baby so I could run around the house to find the first aid kit {I could not seem to remember where we put it here in our new home}. I am so blessed to have wonderful sisters who are ER nurses and see this kind of stuff all the time and answer the phone on the first call to help tell me what to do {YES I was in shock and didn't know if I needed to take him to the ER}. Thanks Shellie for helping me through this. Hopefully next time I wont be such a wreak. 


I packed the diaper bag full of snacks and books and the nook and headed to the ER not knowing how long we would be there but I was prepared. We were so lucky to get in and out in just over an hour and both boys were so good. 


They shot some kind of drug up Grayson's nose to make him not wiggle while they stitched him up. He was giggling at the DR while she was stitching him up. The thread kept ticking him. 


5 stitches later. 

Daddy gave him a new nickname - stitch.
 I love it. I think it might stick.

1 comment:

The Stylers said...

Poor little guy! ! Trev called me stitch too luckily it didn't stick haha! I love that he was giggling!