Tuesday, July 21, 2009

house projects

i know some of you have been wondering what do i do with my days since i have not been working. well i actually have been keeping myself very busy with projects around the house. above is some art work that i made this past weekend. right now we can't afford to buy professional art work so i decided to try and make some of my own. i thought it turned out pretty sweet.
i took on a big project of refinishing the table and chairs my parents lent us. the chairs were white and now they are a sleek black. the table base was white and now its a metallic chrome. the part that took the most time was sanding the table top and getting the mold stain out. but in the end it was all worth it. we love our table and chairs and we are very grateful for mom and dad letting us use them.

this was a frame i made for my mom for mothers day. it was quite a hit and fun to make.

this is the other frame we made for my mom for mothers day. this one was from kels, allie, and anthony of their cute family. this was the first one that we did and it turned out so cute that we had to make more.

our families

i was in need a something to hang my jewelry on. this is what i came up with. it is perfect for necklaces and it is also a wall art.
if you are in need of some craft projects to keep your summer days busy i hope this will give you some good ideas. my next project is going to be a dresser. right now i am searching for a old 4 drawer dresser to refinish and maybe some bar stools. i will post pictures once i am done.

7 comments:

Kelsey Booth said...

Wowza sista! You make me look bad! Your decor is adorable and I love the frame you did for me. Thank you! Love ya!

Nikki said...

Ok these are soooooo dang cute! Can you please tell me how you did the picture frames?! I would be deeply interested in them! Love ya Lu!

Tiffani Warner said...

Looks great can you come to my house now???

Jaclyn said...

Linds you are so incredibly talented! I love everything! Feel free to make me some home decor anytime ;)

Jake and Em said...

very impressive!!!! Love it all! You should be proud!

Aubrey Messick said...

How fun! I love all your design projects. I sooo wish I had time to sit down and do some much needed projects.

Jessica said...

Hey Linds! You are such a crafty lady. I have been wanting to refinish our dining room table for ages, but I'm too scared. You make it look easy!