Sunday, July 26, 2009

:: Zion's ::


Pappy I love you so much and I am so glad that you and mom came down to visit us in St. George. I had a blast exploring Zion's with ya'll.

The Narrows {This was my first time going up this trail and I was so proud of my mom for making it. Way to go mom!} I can't wait for Brady and I do the full hike through the Narrows in the water and all next month!!!

Mum and Pappy at Zion's. It was a blast to ride the shuttle and go on a few small hikes with ya'll. We had not been to Zion's since I was a child and I had forgotten how peaceful and beautiful it was. We were so blessed with a cloudy morning to keep us cool and we were also lucky that few people were out'n about while we were. The sun and crowds came as we were leaving.

This was on the drive from St. George to Zion's while the sun was still rising. It was breath taking. The amazing thing about Utah is how many different types of mountains there are. You can drive any direction in the state and find completely different looking mountains and they are all so beautiful and fun to explore. No wonder Brigham Young said this beautiful state "was the place". Utah is a true marvel of the world and being here reminded me of that as throughout the day I heard more French and foreign languages than I did English. While growing up in this state I have taken for granted where I live and that it is a desirable place to travel. With our move to St. George we have decided to take more advantage of where we are and how close we are to so many different neat places to go and see on the weekends. Now ya'll can look forward to seeing more adventures from the Wood family :)


Thursday night we took Mom and Pappy on a drive through Snow Canyon to see the Red Cliffs. This was my first time to see them also. It was such a neat combination of mountains {I mean plateau: Brady is always correcting me on that and I'm still getting used to the change} of red rock and lava rock {the black rocks} and white sand stone. Brady was very excited to be on this drive. It's not too far from our house and he is going to start going on bike rides through here. It should be a fun challenge for him!

Thanks for coming down south Mom and Pappy we can't wait to have you come again. Love you!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're hiking through the Narrows next month?? I have ALWAYS wanted to do that! Maybe Terry and I will randomly show up at your apartment...

Kelsey Booth said...

I love the pictures of Dad...he looks like a total tourist! I hope we can make it out for a visit while ya'll are still out there! Love ya :)