Yesterday I was at my good friends house and she has a "hope" Christmas tree and it inspired to to have more hope towards life at the Christmas time of year. About 2 weeks ago I was laid off of my job at Henriksen/ Butler and now am back on the job search. This has been a rough year for me and employment. I have spent more months unemployed than employed and to some that may sound glorious but for me I am on the verge of loosing my sanity. I feel like a failure and that I can not help support my family. I am doing my best to try and find any form of work and trying not to be picky and I am still not having much success. The days are long and I am trying to keep myself motivated to have hope that everything will workout as long as I keep trying and doing my best. my hope list for the day:
- being more hopeful about getting a good job
- keeping high hopes that Brady gets accepted into PT school
- hoping Brady's job continues going well
- hoping to be a better friend
- hoping to be a better wife and pay more attention to my sweet husband
- hoping to have good health
- hoping to be more productive daily
- hoping to cook dinner daily
- hoping to remember Christ daily and thank my father in heaven for all he does for me and my family
- hoping to be kinder and less judgmental
- hoping to start exercising daily again
Hope is a desire with an expectation of accomplishment!

5 comments:
Oh dang lindsay- I am so sorry you lost your job. That is very hard! And DON'T EVER think you are a failure!!!! you are amazing, don't forget that. pretend i am there giving you a big hug. I loved your hopeful outlook on life tho. its true we need to remember the simple things in life. I can't wait to see you! I'm pretty sure we are coming down the 30th! Are you still gonna have a new years eve party? love ya
I HOPE you have a better day and know that I love you and CAN NOT wait to see you in 10 days!!!!!!!!!!! YOu are an amazing woman and life will work out for you...I promise!
Lindsay, thanks for this post about hope. (I actually really needed it!)
I'm so sorry things are a little rough right now for you two, but I love your hopeful attitude! Things will definitely look up! I think you are AWESOME, beautiful inside and out, and I love you!
Watch out Linds b/c you might be chosen to give the next talk on hope in general conference in April. Don't feel like a failure!!! I don't work and I love it :) Okay, okay so my kids are the reason I stay home but still, you're not a failure my good friend :)
I love this post. Its good for us all to have hope. And good luck with the dinner daily thing, now I expect some sweet action recipes:) And lets go running too. There is a 5k coming up in jan we can do. Those endorphins (I have no idea how to spell that btw) they are the best thing for ya, I know I could use them.
Post a Comment