Friday, February 12, 2010

:: Baby Project #1 Here I Come ::

Any guesses what this adorable fabric is for?? Ok ok I will tell... after searching and searching for crib bedding that I LOVED I finally gave up and decided I am going to sew my own (with help from my mom and sweet friend Lashel). I have never been a big sewer but I have always wanted to... SO why not learn/practice now. Wish me luck with this BIG project!
Here is my prego belly at 17 weeks. I feel as if I am growing daily.

What I think of pregnancy thus far:
Fun Things:
  • Finally having a cute baby bump (silly I know)
  • Having Brady talk about being a daddy - he is going to be so good
  • Getting to buy baby things
  • Talking about names - much to my surprise we agree on most names
  • Being 4 1/2 months closer to being a mommy - I have wanted this since as long as I can remember - my mom says when I was little if anyone asked me what I was going to be when I grew up I would say "a mommy" and my heart has never changed - I LOVE babies
  • Getting a back massage just about every night
  • Bought my diaper bag after months of searching - to most this may not seem like a big deal but to me it was. I love my purses and this diaper bag is going to everyday so I knew I better LOVE it

Not So Fun Things:

  • Not feeling like myself
  • Back pain - worse than normal
  • Being sensitive to smells
  • Potty breaks at 3am
  • Baby things being so expensive
  • Having such a limited wardrobe
  • Not being able to stand or sit for long periods of time
  • Not being able to wear heels - my feet too tired too fast
  • Taking prenatal vitamins
  • Being so tired all the time

6 comments:

rabnerfamily said...

You are a very cute prego! Good luck with the baby bedding. I thought I would make crib pads for Joey and I believe the batting is still in my mom's sewing closet. Oh well. I love your fabric!

The Stylers said...

The fabric you got is SO cute! I'm excited to see it all come together! ... You look so stinkin' cute with a little baby belly! I love it!

Kelsey Booth said...

I love your bump and your bedding fabric :) If I have a boy maybe I'll make mine...not! I am way to lazy for that. Love you babe! I will think about posting bump pictures on my blog too :)

Bren and Jen said...

Friday!

Doreen said...

That awesome that you're making your own bedding. It's nice when you make it yourself b/c you get to pick out all of the fabric you LOVE. You picked some SUPER cute fabric!! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Aubrey Messick said...

How cute are you? Love that baby bump! :)