Thursday, March 4, 2010

:: here we come Atlanta ::

Brady was accepted to Emory University today and that was our top choice school (a top 10 DPT program in the country). So we finally know where we will be moving - Atlanta!!! We are both so excited. I love the south and Brady was very impressed with the school and with the city. The humidity will take some getting used to but it will be a fun change. Hey and the nice part is we will be only 12 hours away from Peter/Shellie and Kelsey/Anthony. That means we could would actually be within driving distance of some family. Wahoo!!!
So the next few weeks will be crazy applying for grants, student loans, scholarships, insurance, finding a place to live, and finding a new doctor to deliver our baby. So if any of you know anything about Atlanta (Janine I know you do) please email me anything I need to know about the area.
On a baby note yesterday we had our 20 week ultrasound and they ran a bunch of test on our baby. He is growing right on target and all of his organs are developing as they should be!!! Such a relief to know my baby is healthy thus far. Oh and he is 11oz. already - so crazy to me he is almost 1 pound already.
Yeah for change and a good news week! We are so blessed and thank you everyone for all of your prayers and support through this process.

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Lindsay! Atlanta is AWESOME. I was born there. My parents moved there after college with no family, not knowing a soul, and they LOVED it. They stayed for 9 years. We lived in the Alpharetta/Roswell area. I have been back since and I still love Atlanta. Good luck! I'm sure it will be a fun adventure.

Doreen said...

Sweet!! OH- and we just found out today that we're having ANOTHER boy. Maybe our kiddos will be future buddies. :)

Sam said...

Such great news! I am so happy for you!! And congrats to Brady, that is a great accomplishment1

Unknown said...

Congrats Brady!!! I'm so excited for you to and hope that you continue to be blessed in your move!

Megan said...

Yeah and congrats on the acceptance into school!! We are so excited for your little family. We will miss you when we are even farther away from each other, guess we'll be living off web cam from May and on!

Adamson Family said...

YES! You are going to love it!!!!!!!!!!
We had a couple in our ward going to Emery. I'd love to give my way more then 2 cents about Atlanta, whenever you want it. We put a lot of effort into it when we lived there because we had every intention of moving back but it wasn't the plan.

Lori said...

so glad you're here!