Saturday, September 3, 2016

{Mickey Mouse Birthday Party :: Ollie Max Turns 2}

Ollie Max LOVES Mickey Mouse and he LOVES birthday's so it was given that we needed to do a Mickey party. He was so sweet all week as I was making decorations he was walking around saying "a Mickey birthday" over and over. And right now as I am trying to make this post he is climbing all over me saying "Mickey birthday party" over and over and over. Sweet boy. 

 This photo with Ollie sticking his finger in the cake makes my heart happy because he is SOOOO my child.... because that is how Brady and I met.... I stuck my finger in the side of Joslyn's cake and he caught me and that is how he started our first conversation. 
 Happy 2nd Birthday Ollie Max!

I love decorating for my kids birthdays. It puts me in my happy place. Planning for this party was a bit frustrating to me because my body would not let me keep up and doing things at my normal Lindsay pace. This baby girls pregnancy is rocking my world a bit. 
 This party was one of my favorites. I decided to keep the guest list small {which if you know me I NEVER do that} and Brady and I were actually able to visit and enjoy ourselves the whole time. Normally we have invited so many people I am running around trying to talk to everyone for about 2 mins and yet not really talking to anyone about anything. And the kids all ran around playing so well had so much fun because there weren't too many people to try and play with. And the crazy thing is it poured rain almost the whole party and we still had a great time. 

 I love how this cake turned out and it tasted even better than it looks. 


 Sweet little sneaky hands could not stay away from the chips before the party even started. 

It rained all day and then finally let up and I decided to decorate the deck and that lasted oh until everyone got here and then it poured again and we didn't even enjoy it out here. Oh well at least I got a cute photo of the birthday boy. 


 Sweet brothers. They have turned into best little buddies. 
 I love how excited he got when we were singing Happy Birthday to him. He loved every minuet of it. 


 Because the birthday boy gets what he wants.... he wanted NOTHING to do with my amazing cake.... he was SCREAMING for an ice cream cone. 


 Black frosting! 
And per Ryker it taste better than the red even though I made both the exact same just colored them different. 

And to top off how wonderful our friends are they stayed and helped me clean ALL of it up. They are pretty much the best EVER! 


No comments: