Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Holiday baking with the girls


We Rabner gals have had a tradition for a lot of years that we do a mass holiday baking day every December and bake goodies to give to our friends and family. Last year we started using my showroom for this baking and it was so much easier. We had 4 ovens baking cookies, 2 cook tops to cook candy on and loads of counter space. This year we were one sister and one baby short but still managed to get loads of baking done in 7 hours. I know we are crazy bakers and love to do this. We love to cook together and its a day of fun for us.






We dipped 5 bags of pretzels in chocolate as well as rice crispy treats.



Liam got to come bake with the girls and wondered around the showroom tasting everything we made. He was really good and pretty funny.












This year we tried some new things... caramel... it is Marilee's recipe and it is oh so tasty! Brady's favorite is marshmallows dipped in caramel and rolled in rice crispies so we tried those as well. I made toffee for the first time also. Both new candies turned out pretty good for my first time.





We all showed up in red shirts... that was not planned but that tells you how much we think alike.
Megs not being able to resist the dipped pretzels. What a fun day we had together. We for sure missed you Kelly-a-Bell and Allie but we are happy to hear that you had Wendy to bake with last week.









7 comments:

Kelsey Booth said...

That is so sad to see you 3 cooking without me :( I am so glad you gals had fun. Looks like you had fun. Love you!

Bethany, Scott, and family said...

That looks like so much fun! That is a very large show room . . .crazy, but that would be so awesome to have a kitchen that large!

Anonymous said...

it tasted wonderful - we already ate the ENTIRE plate!!! Thanks again lindsay!!!

Adamson Family said...

Yummy. I'll do some baking when I get to CA for Christmas. My family is really into food. I love your blog it is so cute. I can't let Travis see it until I make ours cute. Where/how do I add wallpaper? Mine is so plain. I'm glad you joined the bloggers. I fought it but now I love it. It was fun to see you in November. I feel for Kelsey (I'm the only one not in CA of my sisters). It's hard to miss out on fun.

Adamson Family said...

Thanks Linds. It was easy now I can let Trav see your blog. Ha!

Jaclyn said...

Lindsay! I saw your twin on my plane to Geneva. Seriously she looked just like you...except she didn't bring me delectable holiday treats that were AMAZING!!! those were so yummy! Thanks so much!

Elise said...

hm i loved when you brought us these :) thanks again!