Friday, June 11, 2010

:: Back to School ::

Yesterday was Brady's first day of school at Emory School of Medicine (Physical Therapy program). He is one of 19 men in the class of 65. Who would have guessed more women go into this program. This is actually the most men they have had in the program at one time in years. Brady has already made friends and is very excited to learn about what he loves. They did a good job in orientation yesterday scaring them that the program only accepts the best and if you get below 80% you will fail and be kicked out of the program. They do this so their students have better job placement because they really know their stuff. It is going to be challenging but Brady is a smart guy and I know he will do great. The night before school started Brady was so cute and like a little kid getting ready for his first day of school. He went and got his hair cut - mind you I normally have to beg for weeks for this to happen and he decided to get it done all on his own. Then when we got home he said he wanted to dye his hair darker and cover up all of his gray hairs. He said "You don't want Ryker's dad to have gray hair do you?" So I laughed a bit and said ok lets go buy a box. This was my first time dying someones hair. Most of you know I don't do anything to any ones hair other than style it. But I did this for my sweets and I think it turned out great. Its just a dash darker than normal.
Oh and we went swimming on Tuesday and Brady would not put sunscreen on. His poor little chest and back are fried! I hope this burn goes away fast so we can go swimming again. It was so fun and relaxing. I love playing at the pool with Brady.

Yesterday I went out and ran some errands all by myself and didn't even get lost. I love you GPS! We love gas prices here. I was even more excited because gas by our house is 2.53 and we thought that was a good deal (we were paying 3.09 in St. George before the move) but hey I will take 2.48 any day. I can't even remember the last time gas was this cheap in Utah.
Every Wednesday night they do FREE concerts at Centennial Olympic Park down town. We decided to head down and enjoy some Atlanta culture. The park was packed and yup you guessed it right were about the only white ones there. We have really enjoyed going to events like this because everyone is singing and dancing and all just having a good time no matter their age. It is very entertaining to just lay on our blanket and watch everyone around us.
It was so hot and it was 7pm. Oh we love you humidity! Actually its not too bad other than right before or after rain. That is when it is the most sticky.
This was our first experience with Atlanta traffic. We are very grateful that we don't have to drive downtown during rush hour very often. No one enjoys sitting in bumper to bumper traffic.

{Baby note}

Ryker is just growing like crazy. He is totally on my right side - my stomach is a lopsided basketball now. I will have Brady take a belly picture tonight I know its been awhile since I have posted one. Brady is so sweet he keeps asking me if he wants me to have him take one because its been so long but I have not been feeling too cute this past week.

We got Ryker's crib all put together last night and I love the bedding. I was a bit nervous since I had not seen it on an actual crib. Tonight we are going to hang the paintings and then I will post photos. We are just about ready for this guy to get here. We are just waiting for the car seat that we want to come back in stock so we can order it. So this little guy better not come until we get that so we will actually be able to bring him home. But don't worry I don't think he will arrive until July 21 (his due date is July 20) but Brady thinks he is going to come on July 7. So we will see when Ryker actually decides to come. I am hoping he comes on time so my Mom can be here when I deliver him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ryker Wood - that sounds SO GOOD! Ah I am so excited for you guys!!

Kelsey Booth said...

Dude, get over it - I know you have lived in Utah for the past 16 years but there are people of every color everywhere else in the world. Some comments should stay in your brain and not be put out there for everyone to see :)

Nikki said...

I love the update. Wow...it sounds like you guys are crazy busy and loving it. I think I want to see this little Ryker (love the name btw!) as soon as possible. When's the big day?