Thursday, June 17, 2010

:: Crafts for Ryker ::

It feels good to be Lindsay this week not the crazy woman I have turned into the past few weeks. I got things put together enough to breakout one of my many sewing projects I planned to help make these last 4 1/2 weeks of my pregnancy go by faster. I needed some more burp clothes for our little Ryker guy and I have been unsuccessful at finding any cute ones I could buy. Good thing I have a good friend Lashel who likes to sew and gave me the great idea of just adding ribbon (and I even went one step further and added some bling bling) to a plain white cloth diaper. I think they turned out super cute and I'm sure the will be used a lot if our baby is anything like any of our nieces or nephews.
I went to the doctor today and got to hear Ryker's heartbeat and the doc says he is doing great. I am now feeling like there is no more room in my tummy for this guy to keep growing but I am sure he will somehow make the room he needs. I can't believe how it's almost time for him to be done cooking. I guess you could say we are ready for this little guy to arrive. We have everything set up and waiting for his grand arrival - that is all but his car seat. I know minor detail. The one I really want has been out of stock (just our luck) since we got to Atlanta. So good thing he is not coming for a few more weeks so we can get that here so we will actually be able to bring our baby home from the hospital.
Hopefully next week I will get pictures of our cute little apartment posted. I have been holding out on ya'll because I can't seem to decide where I want to hang the last few things in Ryker's room and I want you to see the finished product.
{surprise father's day weekend trip}
Brady and I are pretty much unable to keep secrets and I have been dying to tell someone about my BIG surprise for this weekend (and Brady almost never reads our blog so he wont see this). I am going to pick Brady up from school tomorrow and have the car all packed and ready to hit the road for 3 hours to Savannah. We hear it is a super fun city with lots to do and I figure we better go before school gets too demanding. I have been debating the idea in my head all week if I really wanted it be in the car for the long but I am glad I decided we should just do it. So I will have lots to show and tell you next week about our adventure.
Happy Father's Day!!
To my Ryker's father to be.
Brady is so excited to be a daddy and I know he will make a great one. When we first got married my sweets was the one who was baby hungry. He was dying to be a daddy. Since the day we found out we were having a baby he has been thrilled. He loves putting his hand on my tummy and let Ryker show off for him.
Brady is always so good at watching out for me and my needs. He has given me a million back rubs to try and make my broken back feel better. Even when he is dead tired.
He always helps me around the house and even helps me cook when I really don't feel like it.
I am so grateful for my Brady Michael and LOVE him so much. He is my prince charming who found me when I was least expecting him. I love our life together and can't imagine life with out him. Thanks for always being such a great guy Brady. I love you!!
And thank you Pappy for being such a wonderful dad and teaching me so much. You were so much help to us with our big move and we can't thank you enough for that. We love you so much and can't wait to see you soon!!

6 comments:

Aimee K. Stanworth said...

Savannah is such a beautiful place and is where i would move if i could stand being to far away from home. enjoy your trip. Can't wait to see pictures of your cute apartment.

Megan said...

love the burp cloths! such a great idea i'll have to do for our next one, if we decided to have another one. that just may mean totally insanity for me! have a fun trip!!!!

Bethany, Scott, and family said...

Savannah is a fun trip. Your little man is going to be so decked out in cuteness!!! Love it!

Bren and Jen said...

Brent's brother lives in Savannah. See two reasons for us to come out there. I am so excited for you, your little guys is almost here. I want to see a belly picture. Miss you guys.

Unknown said...

Oh, I'm so jealous. I'm sooo ready for a Vacation, and your weekend getaway sounds perfect. Hope it's everything your hoping it will be. Those burp cloths are so cute!!!

Pete Rabner said...

Great idea for the burp cloths. I hope that they work out well. From much experience, I know that every assorable inch of a burp cloth is precious realestate. I'd recommended that you still have some plain ones on hand too. Beware of the buttons as a choking hazard as he gets older. Hope you had fun in Savannah.

love
Pete