Saturday, June 26, 2010

:: Rock star moments ::

This week has been full of what I like to call "rock star moments". I have been feeling GREAT and having tons of fun. We have been here for 4 weeks now and I already feel like I have made wonderful friends. Just one of many reasons why I love the church so much - it's a WONDERFUL social network. Not only have I made great girlfriends who love to hangout all day while our hubbies are at school but today at stake conference I reconnected with 2 people from home that are in our stake. What a small world.
I know I know it has been a while since I posted a belly picture. Here you have it 36 1/2 weeks but who is really counting right?!?!? I have felt like Ryker's bum has gotten HUGE this week. It is pushing up on my ribs and I now officially understand what it means to be uncomfortable. We finally got our car seat and it is installed in the car - I now feel like I am ready for this baby to come. But at the same time I am not dying for him to come out either - at least not yet.

Amazing buy of the week = FREE blueberries. Yes you did just read that correct FREE! A friend of mine told me about this coupon for a $1.50 off of a 1 pint container of berries and the store had them on sale for $1.50. I love FREE. I can't ever remember eating fresh blueberries before so this has been a wonderful tasty treat in our house this week. Fruit is priced VERY well here so we have been eating TONS of it and I think Ryker just might come out part watermelon or pineapple. I can't seem to eat enough of either fruit. Brady will come home and be shocked that I ate almost an entire watermelon or an entire pineapple earlier that day. But hey it's better than eating unhealthy stuff right?
Second AMAZING buy of the week.... $1.00 fabric. I know you are thinking Free blueberries, $1.oo fabric - WOW I am packing my bags and moving to Atlanta today!
I never envisioned myself to be one for LOVING to sew but it is a new hobby I am really enjoying right now. Mom it's OK breathe. Yes, me loving to sew. I am going to make drapes for our living room out of the green and gray fabrics. I am not really sure how or what to do for them but I have an idea and I think it will be really cool if I can pull it off.
All of these fabrics ... I'm not really sure what I am going to do with yet but I fell in love with them and hey you can go wrong when it's so cheap - right?! I do think I am going to make an apron out of the cute French fabric and a skirt out of one of the gray fabrics. The rest I think I can use to make some flowers and ruffle things to add onto some of my shirts and cardigans to jazz them up and make them feel new. My girlfriend Erin is the one who took me to this AMAZING fabric store and we had so much fun giving each other fun ideas of what we can make. Needless to say we have many projects to keep us busy for the new few weeks. Now we just need to help motivate each other to get it done so our hubbies are OK with the whopping $19 I spent on all of this. I am still in AWW at how much I got for so little.

5 comments:

Kelsey Booth said...

You are a rockstar! I love the belly shot - I can't believe our babies are due so soon. Now you know what I meant when I told you Ali had a ghetto booty - it was in my ribs and it hurt so bad. I'm glad you found some awaesome deals this week - go you!

Megan said...

you are so amazing and making me miss projects and wanting to sew so much! ryker has definitely grown and that is great! love you!!

Bren and Jen said...

You are so cute. We miss you guys. I am so glad you already have tons of friends, and you are right, I do want to move out there. Great deals. I just made some pillows for our couches. We didn't we find this love when we were together. Miss you

Doreen said...

haha! Linds is turning into Martha S. I love it. I'm definitely interested in seeing what you make with all that fabric. You must have a very creative mind because I don't see much happening when I look at a yard of fabric at the store. Guess what, I'm going to be induced August 1st. muah ha ha!!! one week early baby!!!

Jaclyn said...

Lindsay! You are having your baby so soon!!!! I can't believe it! And you are so beautiful with your baby belly!