Wednesday, March 16, 2011

:: exercise ::

Why is it so hard to find motivation to exercise? I WANT to keep loosing the baby weight but the last few weeks I have been struggling with the motivation to eat healthy and do my daily exercise. I do best if I go for a run right when I wake up and if it doesn't happen I can't seem to find the desire to get my booty off the couch later in the day.
So I came up with an idea to help myself stay on track {thanks for the idea Kels}I am going to start a sticker chart for exercise and healthy eating. I will get a sticker for:
 every hour of exercise
 every day that I do not eat a treat or have junk food
  drinking 64 ounces of water

 Once I fill up my chart I will get something special for ME. I have not decided what yet. A few ideas are a new outfit, shoes, 1 hour massage, mani/ pedi. So I am hoping that this will motivate me to stay on track with being healthy and being accountable for my daily consumptions. This will be good for me also because I will be running my first 10K with my sisters this summer and I have not been training very diligently lately and I want to do well in this race. 

Wish me luck and here is to being healthy! 

6 comments:

Marissa said...

Great idea! Mind if I copy you??

JoshandMegs said...

That's a great idea :)
I finally got a gym pass because after my half marathon, I took a break, which ended up being a long break ;) once i got the gym membership I made myself go because i have no desire to waste my money. ha.

Kelsey Booth said...

Good for you girlfriend! You can do it :)

Megan said...

you rock sister! and you also succeeding at making me feel guilty. i was snacking on peanut butter with nutella while reading and i shamefully put the spoon down and sinfully yummy treat away.

here's to our 10K! bytheway, the 10k in france is on a sunday, so i'll just be training with weston until the summer. bummer.

loves!

Nikki said...

that's a rad idea. Good job running a 10k! I am so impressed. :) And I think I need to do that chart thing too...why is it so hard?! I LOVE YOUR BANGS btw. :)

Courtney B said...

That is SUCH a good idea!! What a smart way to be sure you're being healthy aside from working out. It's so hard just to drink in the 6 oz of water! I might do this too!

I read your other posts and forgot you got bangs! Love them!
And you'll be in Utah for 5 weeks this summer?! Can we PLEASE play since we didn't get to see you while you were here at Christmas?!?!