Friday, September 16, 2011

{fabric topiary}

I got this idea from a boutique I was in to make a fabric topiary. I love how it turned out. It is just what I needed for the top of our bookcase. 

I just had these vases {the plants that once lived in them died} and I think they are a bit too big. I think I need to get some smaller ones and I will like the proportion more. 

They were simple to make. 
Supplies Needed: 1/4 yard of 4 different  fabrics (you could do all one if you choose), a mason jar lid, scissors, 2 foam balls, straight pins, a marker, 2 dowels 7/16"x12", craft paint, and 2 vases/jars full of rocks.

Step 1. Trace circles onto the fabric with the mason jar lid.
Step 2. Cut circles out.
Step 3. Fold one circle in half and half again and pin bottom point to foam ball. Keep doing this until ball is full    
           of fabric flowers.
Step 4. Paint dowel 
Step 5. Put dowel into bottom center of foam ball 
Step 6. Put in vase filled with rocks to keep dowel centered 

Tada you did it! 

2 comments:

The Stylers said...

I'm going to have to try this out!! I love all of your little crafts, I need to start crafting more!! I can't remember if I commented on your last post, but your trip looks like a blast! Your pics are so cute!

JoshandMegs said...

i love!! and cute header! :)