Thursday, September 1, 2011

{Birthday Week}

Last week we celebrated me! Yes in our family you get your birthday celebrated for a week straight. You get presents everyday and if that doesn't sound good enough Brady was off of school on break. That also meant I got to sleep in most mornings and Brady got up with Tiny. A week of heaven for me!
 We had visitors from Mississippi. Ryker and Ayla were so cute together. I think they are going to be best friends just like their daddies are. I love how she chills on him hip like this. It makes me laugh every time. We love living close to Blake and Annie and love seeing them every few months. 
 I know you are jealous that he is MINE and you can't have him. 
This is what Brady wears when he goes disk golfing with his classmates. YES he is cool. 
 We finally went to the Fernbank. It was fun and FREE.  
 We are officially Braves fans and have the apparel to prove it. 
 Brady is a sly dog and scored us wicket seats on the first base line 11 rows up. We were totally stoked about that. 
I never thought I would EVER be caught sporting team apparel and love going to the games but I have surprised myself and Brady with this one. I have decided it is really fun to care about a team and cheer with Brady and Ryker. Ryker LOVES baseball. He had so much fun at the game. 
 Of course we got some good swimming in. 
Ryker loves to crawl into our bed and look out the window in the morning. He is just too cute and we can't get enough of him. I love that he babbles like crazy now. He looks at you like he is telling you something VERY important but you can not understand a single word of it all will a HUGE smile on his face. 

We took a quick trip down to Charleston {that will be my next post} and fell in LOVE. 

 I have been wanting to go out to Lake Lanier for quite some time now. We finally made it!
 Ryker loved playing on the beach in the sand and in the water {of course}. He is getting much braver with scooting deeper and deeper into the water.

 There was a pirates poker tournament going on and the beach was NUTS to say the least. I guess it is cool to dock your boat and just listen to music and drink all day instead of actually boating. There were at least 100 boats at the beach while we were there and still more coming in. Maybe not so family friendly of an event. The lake was so beautiful and all of the trees around it. It made us really wish we had a boat to go wake boarding on. {someday - we hope}
 Introducing Bruce JR.
 {have you ever seen Swamp People?}
AKA Bubba
Brady could not believe that I actually let Tiny wear his overalls without a shirt {only to and from the lake} he thought he looked a little too red neck. I happen to think it was cute.
We decided not to have a big party and just keep it to the three of us on Sunday for my actual birthday. Brady made me the most delicious dinner and cake. We just chilled all day and played games just the two of us. Yes that is how we roll here in the Wood house. Brady and I could play cards all day and night with each other and be as happy as can be.  Best present of the week - Brady is taking me on a hot date to see Wicked at the end of September and I could not be happier. I have wanted to see Wicked for years!!!!

I am officially old.
25 ='s a quarter of a century
But I guess it is time to start feeling grown up. I do have a 1 year old and have been married for nearly 3 years and have had to make MANY grown up decisions {I hate making these}.

My boys are the best and I love hanging out with them all the time. Now we are back to reality and Brady is back in school and I am babysitting 2 days a week and hosting a mommy and me music class. We are busy busy but loving every minute. 

6 comments:

CallisterCatch said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!!! It looks like you guys had a great week. I love Ryker in the overalls. And if all sport apparel was as cute as your shirt I think all ladies would start wearing it more. Again Happy Birthday!

Marie said...

I just found your blog through Pete & Stephanie's. It seems like you found a lot of fun things to do over the break! I'm excited to read about Charleston, that's a must-see for me while we are out here!

The Stylers said...

Ok you look amazing!! I've been a braves fan since I was a tiny girl!! I'm still quite in love with Chipper Jones! haha I can't believe how big Ryker is getting, he is such a cutie! Miss you guys!

Courtney B said...

First off, Happy birthday!! Sounds like it was SO great!
Second, when did you cut your hair off?? It's SO cute!
And third, you are one HOT mama! You look amazing Linds!

Amanda and Tom said...

Fun week! Happy birthday! You look great!

Jessica said...

You look so good, Lindsay. Happy Birthday!!