Saturday, June 16, 2012

{DC part 2}

 Ryker loved holding hands with Wills and Hannah. The boys were so cute together at the zoo and they even matched. This was totally unplanned. This zoo is pretty cool. The orangutan's had this cool rope and tower that run through the zoo that they can climb on as they please. Too bad we didn't get to see one swinging around above our heads on it. The hill almost killed us prego mama's pushing strollers. It was BIG. But good thing we have super powers. We also got to meet up with Jaclyn for lunch after the zoo and it was so fun catching up with her {I forgot to snap a picture of us together ... Oops!} She was sweet enough to endure lunch with 4 kids in a restaurant. Brave girl I know. 
 Ryker was playing with his puppet so cute and of course when I pull out the camera he takes off his glasses and stops. Cute little turkey. 
 I think Ryker loved the Air and Space Museum the most. I must admit Brady and I really enjoyed it also. 
 Brady was a champ at getting us downtown without Erin and we didn't even get lost. 

 The Lincoln was Brady's favorite thing we saw on this trip. We knew he was BIG but neither of us had any idea of just how BIG he really is. So neat. 
 Ryker was a total trooper on the whole trip. We had long busy days and lots of stroller time. He just went along without a fuss. We walked SOOOO much. It was great. I am so glad the weather was not too hot and that I was not more pregnant or this might not have been as enjoyable. 
 The Washington behind my boys.
Too bad the reflection pool was under construction. I guess we will have to come back again and see it and everything else we didn't get to see. 
 We also got to go into the National Treasury and see the Constitution, Bill of Rights, and Declaration of Independence {they don't let you take any photos in the building}. It was pretty cool. I wish we would of had more time in there but we were trying to rush home to miss rush hour traffic. 
 We were lucky enough to be staying with Erin's parents so we put the kids to bed and got to go out on a date night just the 4 of us. We tried to get cup cakes in George Town but they were all sold out so we went and got the BEST shakes instead - toasted marshmallow {it really tasted like mallows fresh off the fire} and Milky Way {they had all of the separates poured on top of vanilla ice cream}. They were both AMAZING!!   
 We then headed to see the Roosevelt monument. It was so cool. I loved reading all of his quotes {no kids meant we could actually read everything we wanted to - how about that}. And NO Brady and I didn't plan on matching... we got into the car and realized it. Kinda silly.  
 Don't mind my crazy eyes{I blame the flash in the dark}. Brady looks good and I love the Washington behind us. So cool seeing them all lit up. 
 Erin and Oliver in front of the Jefferson. 
 We were all getting a good kick out of the boys and their jumping pictures. I must admit they have some sweet moves. 


 Erin and I tried to get some jumping pictures but Brady does not have the mad skills like me to get us. BUT we really tried for like 10 mins and THAT my friends is a LONG time when you are jumping with our baby bumps. 
Brady chillin with Jefferson. 

When we were walking back to the car I had my first encounter with city rats. As we were walking by some trash cans I could hear something rustling around  and I said to Brady "oh there must be some rodents in there" and then started walking faster... Brady being the sweet husband that he is started teasing me and saying "oh look right there he is" etc. I was starting to get even more nervous and then one runs out of a bush and I saw his whole creepy dirty body and that sent me squealing across the street. I hope to never have a city rat encounter again. YUCK! 

2 comments:

rabnerfamily said...

I am so jealous. I want to go to washington dc so bad. I am thinking it will have to be in 2 summers though since we have promised the kids a Utah trip next summer. So glad you had a great time!

Marie said...

Very cool! We were hoping to go up to DC last summer and your pictures are really making me wish we had!