I had been looking forward to this vacation to Washington DC for months. Why you ask... because I got to see my really good friend Erin Quinn {whom I love dearly and miss living 2 minuets from} and I finally got to see DC. I have a lot of friends from this area and have heard so many wonderful things. Yes DC you did live up to all of my expectations and even exceeded some of them.
Tiny was a total ROCK STAR on our 10.5 hour drive. He did not sleep one minuet BUT he also did not have any screaming fits either. His favorite activity was covering his arms and then baby bear with dollar store garage sale stickers {thank you Erin for great dollar store tricks for the car}. They are perfect because he can peel them off the paper unlike most sticker sheets. We also played with band aids, tin foil, sketch board, and read LOTS of books.
Inside the mouth of a prehistoric shark mouth. We even got to touch one of the teeth. So sharp!
On our LONG drive to DC I was telling Ryker what fun things we were going to see and do. When I told him we were going to see dinosaurs he was super excited but really wanted to see a Triceratops and a T-Rex but I was not sure if both were going to be there. Luck for us they were! All of the kids LOVED the Natural History Museum. We even got to see this HUGE squid that the boys really liked. So cool.
This was classic. Ryker loves hippos so I wanted to get a picture of us together. Ryker was SO not interested in that idea yet it totally looks as though the hippo is about to eat him for dinner and I am happily feeding him. hahahah Love you tiny.
Ryker learning to ride a scooter in front of the Washington. He thought he was cool until this happened...
I love this.
Ryker riding scooter. Ryker happy. Hannah comes. Takes scooter. Ryker's reaction. So sad. Yet it makes me laugh.
Silly kids.
They were all so fun together. Hannah and Wills loved picking up Ryker and giving him hugs. He loved playing and doing everything the big kids were doing. Ryker really loved playing with Baby Graham also. I love how much fun our kids had together just like when we lived in Georgia together.
The Washington.
Don't mind me standing funny. So amazing and I love that the wind was blowing all of the flags also. So neat.
Brady pretending to jump at the WWII memorial.
As ya'll know I LOVE jumping pictures. They make me smile. And hey I must say I still have some good hops even being big and prego!
I just love this girl and really miss her a LOT! That is all there is to it. We never thought we would be pregnant together so that has been a fun experience also. Erin is due 3 weeks before me. We just kept saying what a bummer that we weren't living by each other for this pregnancy. It would have been fun. She was also the best tour guide. She grew up in Maryland and knows so much history about everywhere we went and that made it even more fun for us.
Julio this is for you.
My brother drove one of these bad boy strikers for the Army in Iraq. When I saw it, it made me think of him and his service for our country and our FREEDOM.
So this was as close as we could get to the White House because if you look really close you can see the helicopter in front.... it was for Obama. Yes that is right we saw him get off... well from really far away. Oh and right at this spot we randomly ran into my friend Emily who lives in DC. What are the chances. Small world. It was fun to see her and her sweet Mckenzie.
The Old Post Office.
Super cool architecture.
Love these boys of mine!
Great Falls.
From the Maryland side. This was so cool/scary. This was my first real scary mommy moment. Not because anything bad happened. But because we were so high up and the water was NUTS my mind just kept thinking of all the worst things that could happen to my sweet Ryker. Needless to say internally I was VERY paranoid about being here.
Ryker loved climbing the rocks. He thought he was so big and cool.
Baby Graham was with us on all of our adventures and was such a trooper with being stuck in the stroller all day.
It makes me smile to see Ryker having so much fun doing "all boy" things. He and Will's had a blast collecting sticks and digging in the dirt.
More parts on our week in DC to come...


2 comments:
First off, you look SO CUTE!
Second, you were totally in my hood! Hope you were looking across the river and thinking of me when you were in Great Falls. It looks the same from the Virginia side... but I'll still say it's better over there.
Looks like a great trip!! You guys look great! We miss u
Post a Comment