Tuesday, May 29, 2012

{Memorial Weekend}

We started out the long weekend with a BBQ/pool party with good friends. This is one of my favorite summer activities. I can not wait to do this more this summer. 
 It was fun to have daddies to swim with us {usually it is just us mommies and babies}. Our party kind of took over the pool with water gun fights and throwing balls. It was great fun. Ryker now LOVES these water guns. I didn't think he was big enough for them but daddy proved me wrong in teaching him how to soak the mama. Good times. 
 Thank you Marie for taking pictures of us. The one bad part about being in the water having a blast is there is no one to capture those fum memories with the camera, but this night we had Marie to do that for us. LOVE it! 
 We are really bad at remembering to get a picture of the three of us so I was very proud of myself for remembering before we got all wet. 
 Ryker got to try his first ice cream cone. I think he was a bit unsure of it. But we did eat tons of yummy food. I think we were all loving that. 

Family. Friends. Hot Weather. Pool. Food. Camera. Made this a super fun night of partying. 
 On Memorial Day the Braves had an afternoon game. We were so excited to take Ryker to it {usually their games are too late for him to make it}. All day he was talking about the baseball game. He LOVED it! 
Too bad our boys are not playing too well right now. Hopefully they have some earlier games throughout the summer so we can take Ryker again and maybe see a winning game. 

Also Brady changed our brake pads all by himself!! 
This for sure deserves a WHOOT WHOOT!!! In this house we don't know much about cars so I am proud of Brady for trying and succeeding!! It saved us a lot of money and it didn't even take him too long to do it. 

On another Brady note this is his last week at his Orthopedic rotation. He is sad because he has really enjoyed this rotation, a lot {this is what he wants to do when he grows up aka finishes school}. His clinical adviser has taught him a lot of manual manipulations and it has been a great learning experience for Brady. His last rotation will be Pediatric Neuro. He just found out he will be spending 2 days a week in the NICU. We are both excited to see what that in-tales. I think it will be hard to see all of those tiny sick babies but I'm sure Brady will fall in love with them. He is so good with babies. I can't believe how fast school has gone by. We only have one more year to go!!! This time next year who knows where in the US we might be. 

1 comment:

josanddev said...

that looks like such a fun time! I love this update! (this is joslyn)