If you are feeling like your living room needs a "face lift" for the summer. DO IT! With just a few changes you can change the feel of the entire room.
We are luck enough to have two sets of slip covers for our couch so I pulled out this light grey summery one and took the dark black/white one to get cleaned. So if you have a slip cover sofa it is a great idea to have two sets so you can switch them for the season or simply when you get tired of one or it needs to be cleaned.
Then I made new pillow shams. I love how bright and fresh these colors/patterns are. If you want to make these dreamy flower pillows click HERE for the tutorial. It doesn't even require a sewing machine. These pillows make me so happy.
And lastly change your drapes. I love this fabric. I have had it since January to make new drapes and it took Ryker having a HUGE blow out on our couch to get me motivated to make them. I am so happy I got it all done last week. I finally have my sewing groove back and it feels good to be crafty.
I also love these drapes because I made them fuller this time so they can look good closed. Our window is so wide the last set I made was not full enough and looked terrible when closed. I also got a set of these drapery hooks that I love.
This room makes me smile now!!

5 comments:
So cute! I LOVE it!
They look great! I was wondering if I'd get to see pictures of how the drapes turned out. The pillows coordinate really well. Good job getting crafty!
LOVE your makeover - the drape fabric especially!
Oh my goodness Linds! please come visit and make-over my entire apartment for me!
beautiful. love it. you are a star! love you!
Post a Comment