Monday, May 6, 2013

{Rug Painting}

I am going to start by saying if you have the idea to paint a rug {its all over pintrest} DO NOT do it!!! Unless its a rug smaller than 5' x 7' then maybe. This rug is about 6' x 10' and it took SOOOO much paint that it was NOT cost effective at ALL! I could have spent the same and bought a rug I like A LOT more on rugsusa.com and saved myself loads of work. Oh and the other annoying part was trying to get painters tape to stick to my rug - it was a joke. 

 {Before}
Beige/Brown

 I never liked the colors but it was a cheap indoor/outdoor rug to put under our table.
{After}
Light Gray/ Dark Gray 

I like it much more than I did before but will NEVER do this again! 

1 comment:

Joslyn said...

i love when you get your craft on. Some projects are better than others, but its all part of the experience right? Way to go mama!