Friday, August 30, 2013

{27 years}

This week I turned 27. Its crazy to me that before I was married age was SO important and now I have to stop and usually think {I know it doesn't happen often} of how old I really am. I guess that is a good thing that age doesn't really matter. I would say 26 was pretty good to me. Sweet angle baby Grayson joined our family. Brady became Dr. Brady Wood, DPT and we all survived it {YES!}. We moved to Alabama. We left some of my favorite people in Atlanta. That was VERY hard and sad for me. I ran a LOT of miles and was able to get back to Lindsay size {YES!}. I babysat like a CRAZY lady. Went to Disney World for the first time - it was magical. Got to see Mugs {I really dislike how faraway you live and how little I get to see you}. Got see almost my whole family {silly Julio} - This was AMAZING and SOOO fun! We had not all been together since mine and Brady's wedding {almost 5 years}. I changed my hair color about 6 times... YES that is how I deal with stress. Experienced real depression for the first time. SOO not fun and my heart feels so bad for those who deal with this constantly. Bought my first pair of high tops since the 90's. I love them, Ryker thinks they are "boy shoes" to be exact. Sent my Ryker Biker off to his first year of preschool. Bought a min van. Went 2 weeks without sleeping more than 2 hours at a time... NOT pretty BUT I am still alive and so are my boys. 26 was a year of fun, hard, and exciting changes for me and our family. I can't wait to see what 27 has to offer me. 

I love that Brady actually got this on camera. He is usually not that quick. 

I would have to say that this birthday was one of the BEST one's Brady has done for me. He got me some beautiful daises and a new orchid {lets hope I can keep this one alive longer than the last one}I was surprised by both. I got to sleep in and he made me German pancakes that were delicious. I have only had them once before and it was a long time ago. So yummy. He had to work late but was super cute and brought home some tasty cupcakes from Gigi's. Mmmmmm I love cupcakes that have as much frosting as cake! 
 What do you think of them?
 Kind of weird but will be fun this fall/winter! 

4 comments:

Amanda and Tom said...

Happy birthday Lindsay! Lots of madness this year for you guys! Lots of accomplishments! Love and miss you guys!

Matt and Brittany said...

Happy birthday linds! i hope it was a super one! it's sad that you live so far away that i honestly didn't know half of those things!

rabnerfamily said...

I wish I had a cupcake with that much frosting! Yummy! I hope it was a great day for you!

Stephanie J. Hoyt said...

Happy late bday! That cupcake looks AMAZING!