Happy Birthday Ryker Man!!
You are so special to me. At moments you test my patients, my building skills, my drawing skills, my car racing skills, my running skills, my cooking skills, my imagination skills, and so much more. This past year has been hard in many ways and SUPER fun in most ways. I have loved seeing your awesome personality grow and develop more. You are so smart and excited to learn. I love it. I don't know that I love answering all of the "why" questions you ask all of the time but I know you are just asking so you can learn and figure things out and how they work and go together. One can only think of 3 answers as to why we park our car in the parking lot and not our house.... this was a constant question while living in Atlanta. haha silly guy. I have loved seeing you learn to be kind and loving and helpful to your Gray baby. It warms my heart when I see you helping him or listen to you talking to him and I try not to remember the moments when you hit, push, or make him cry. Here is to another year full of adventure! I can't wait to see what is in store exploring our new home in Alabama with you!
Love, Mama
Ryker's party was "low key" for me since it was 3 days before we moved to Alabama and 2 days before daddy's boards. I decided to buy a costco cake since I knew I would not have time to make one with everything going on. Ryker LOVED it! He loved just staring at it. He thought it was super cool. He is VERY much into Lightning McQueen and Mater - hence the Cars theme.
To make things simple we hosted the party at one of Ryker's favorite places. The splash pad.
The weather was perfect and the guest even better. Not too hot and the rain held off until we were driving home. Thank goodness.
Ryker loves all of his "girl friends" and misses them all VERY much. He asks all the time if people are going to come visit us in Alabama {so friends come visit whenever you can/want ;) }
Grayson was finally learning to enjoy the splash pad more.
I think all of the kids were in heaven eating all of the snacks/treats that they wanted while playing with their best buddies.
We were so happy everyone was able to make it out to celebrate our Ryker man and have one last good party before we left town. We sure do miss all of our amazing friends in Atlanta and hope our paths cross again!
It is amazing how a simple cup can keep these little ones entertained for hours.



2 comments:
You really did manage to capture one of the better weather days. This summer has been crazy with all the rain. Cute pictures!
Happy birthday big guy! And Lindsay, you are looking great !
Post a Comment