Saturday, August 24, 2013

{The Birthday Morning}

Ryker loves balloons. I love Ryker. And I guess I don't need as many brain cells as I had before blowing all of these up. A friend introduced us into the simple entertainment of a balloon blown up and the hours of play that comes from it. And I am talking about air NOT helium. Since we have been playing with so many balloons all the time I decided Ryker would LOVE to wake up to the family room cover in balloons and streamers. And boy was I right. This guy was in heaven. Well actually both of my little guys were in heaven.

 As a kid on your birthday you would wake up to the whole family singing you happy birthday with breakfast in bed and your room would be deck out in balloons and streamers. I loved this growing up and wanted to carry on the tradition now that Ryker is old enough to get it. We had to decorate the family room because he was still waking up in the night and if he would have seen all of this in his room there would not have been a prayer he would have gone back to bed. Ryker also loves strawberries and whipped cream on waffles and orange juice so of course that is what the breakfast menu was on July 22. 

Does your family have a fun birthday tradition? I would love to hear it!

 After all of the balloon excitement Ryker was so excited to play with his new presents and LOVES his new Batman shirt that has a Velcro cape on it and all. 

 I love Grayson's expression here as he is watching the helicopter fly. Oh those eyes how I love them! And you cant forget his cute little pokey outie ears. 



There you have it balloons are the perfect inside day cheap entertainment. We have come up with all sorts of games to play with them that keep us busy for hours. 

Happy Birthday cute guy! 
We sure love you! 

1 comment:

Marie said...

Wow you went all out! Annie bought a hand pump from the dollar store for Joyce's birthday party, maybe you can find one for next time you do this.