Sunday, April 6, 2014

{Atlanta Getaway}

February was a bit of a rough month on me and I needed some girlfriend love so the boys and I headed over to Atlanta to spend the weekend with some of our favorite friends. 

We had a blast at the zoo with the Christensen's and Partridge's. One of my favorite things with these friends and our kids is how much they love each other and how they can go months {like 6} without seeing each other and they pick up like they were just playing yesterday. Now that is true friendship and it warms my heart. 
Grayson was finally big enough to actually enjoy the zoo for the first time and he LOVED it! It was so much fun to see the baby lions. So sweet. 


 Of course we made a stop at our favorite snowball shop to enjoy some festive Mardi Gras flavored treats. I am so glad that Lindsey P. introduced us to this place. It is a family favorite and we wish daddy could have been with us but he had to stay home and start his new job. 
 To say Grayson enjoyed his snowball is a bit of an understatement. It was so sweet Jack, Ella, and Ryker all had different flavors and decided to share them and would take a few bites and then say "switch". 
 We got to check out Fernbank for the first time. It was pretty fun and the kids loved seeing the dinosaurs. 




Thanks Erika and Brandon for letting us crash with you. It was so much fun staying up late and chatting the night away while eating treats and playing games. We are so lucky to have such fun friends and I am so grateful for their friendship and I wish we could always live close to one another. 

No comments: