Saturday, July 5, 2014

{Ryker's 4th Birthday Party :: Early}

Poor little Ryker has gotten hosed two years in a row with his birthday falling right on us moving. So this year I decided to throw his party super early so the craziness of the move would not allow it to happen and so his best buddy Carson could come before they moved to Texas. Ryker has been WAY into super hero's as of lately and LOVE to play dress up and it all. So needles to say he got to choose his theme this year and we had a "Super Hero Training" party.
 

I LOVE how all of the decorations turned out but now that it is all said and done it is official that I am a CRAZY 7+ month prego mama who over did it on my poor body. But I will also say it was totally worth it because Ryker LOVED it all and so did our guest. He was super sweet and just before his friends started to arrive he came up to me and said "mama thank you so much! my friends are all going to think this is so awesome!" and then he gave me a BIG hug. That right there made all of the time and hard work worth it. I love that my sweet little boy loves to party as much as I do. I must admit that I am SUPER happy that the next party I throw I will NOT be pregnant and that will make it SOOOO much better! 

 
After this party I have also come to understand why people pay photographers to come to their kids birthday parties. A few years ago I would have thought that is a total waste of money but the more parties I throw I more I understand.... I hate that I am too busy making sure the food is ready and that everything is all perfect and trying to mingle with our guest that I usually forget to take photos before it is all half torn apart or I just don't get everything documented how I would like it to be.... maybe someday we will be able to afford a photographer at our kids parties. ... one can dream right?!?!
 

 
This cake I think will go down as one of my best so far. I can usually pull off a cute/good looking birthday cake but they only taste half par {to me at least} so this time I found some new recopies and they are for sure winners!!

 Spider Web Throwing
Training
 Bomb Target Practice

 
Landon and Hudson
 
 Swim Training
 Ryker, Phoebe, and Jesse
 
The Cute Birthday boy!!!
{I wish I would have gotten a photo of him in his cape and mask...}
 

 
I made these cute masks for all of the kids but most of them were not really into them...
 

 Grayson trying to share with Carson.... I needed to document that Carson was here... One of Ryker's best buddies who just moved to Texas and we miss VERY much!
 Jessie and Talise
April and Kelly
 
I feel so blessed to have made so many great friends this past year in Madison and am happy they were all able to come and support Ryker and his special day. Here is to many more super fun parties with friends and our family.
 


1 comment:

JoshandMegs said...

love!! it looks fantastic :)