Thursday, June 4, 2009

Stop One The Grand Canyon

My sweet husband and I are on the road again. We were heading down to Arizona for Britty's wedding and to visit Jamie and Dave and decided to make a road trip out of it and have some fun stopping at The Grand Canyon.
This was our first view of this amazing canyon. Neither of us really knew what to expect since we had not been there before but this canyon amazed both of us. It was even more beautiful and astonishing than we could have imagined.
It worked out perfect I got my braces off just in time for this trip. I got them off Wednesday morning and we left Thursday. I was loving it and am so glad to be done and have that perfect smile I always wanted.
Brady and I thought this was ironic. There were signs all over to not feed the birds coins and then you would look out on the rocks and see what...
That's right holes in the rocks that fill up with water after it rains and yep full of coins. I'm so glad people know how to read and enjoy killing wild life. I guess that is just the world we live in today... sad right.
This canyon just keeps going and going down and east and west from this view point it looked as if it was never going to end.
Yep that's right I had to have a jumping picture (Jaclyn, Sam, and Marissa you know it's a must!) I wish it would have turned out better but it is what it is.
This was funny, it's our same car but take a guess what is all over the hood... you got it tons of bird crap. It was so nasty we had to take a picture. How does one let it get that bad without giving their car a bath?
The squirrels were pretty fun to watch also... I know there are signs everywhere not to feed them but still people do and it was a perfect photo op while he was enjoying his Doritos.
This one was loving this lady. He was climbing all over her and her backpack and even let her pet it. I don't know that I would want all of the diseases that they carry on me but it was funny to see wild animals acting like this.


This was right at the start of our hike. It was really high up and quite the crack. I guess my brave daring personality is starting to rub off on him. That is my favorite thing to do when on an adventure... find some place scary to take a picture and test my limits.

They had these signs posted at all of the bathrooms up there. We didn't understand them... do you know what they are referring to?


More amazing views of the canyon along our ridge hike in the rain.

Brady was really funny along our hike when it started to rain. He kept saying he was going to get a pneumonia. Silly guy I don't think you can get that sick in a summer rain storm when it is 75 degrees. I thought that hiking through the rain was really fun. I was only worried that my shoes were getting dirty. I know me and my shoes. What can I say I love them. I wish I would have gotten a picture of Brady hiking with our cute old fashioned umbrella. It was quite the site. But I didn't think that rain and my camera would get along too well.



It was so fun that Brady was enjoying taking pictures also. He usually doesn't like using the camera but on this trip he was loving it. After he took pictures he would always show me and explain to me how he was trying to be artistic and it was a fun change for him. It also means that we have pictures of me on this trip. Normally I just take lots of pictures of Brady.

That is correct when I saw this arch I knew I had to climb to the top for a picture. This is new for Brady to watch and I think I embarrassed him a bit. He kept saying we were going to get in trouble with the rangers. He is learning that is all part of my thrill and adrenaline rush on doing things like this. Being fast at getting where I want the shot and getting down and acting like nothing happened. My Paris gals know of this all too well, don't you girls?
Hermits Rest was the last view point of our hike. We were so happy that it didn't rain for too long since the weather forecast was thunder storms for the entire day. We lucked out and got to enjoy hiking around The Grand Canyon. If you have not been there I hope this post and pictures make you want to travel there. It was so fun!

4 comments:

Aubrey Messick said...

I haven't been to the grand canyon in years!!!! makes me want to go again! so glad you guys had fun on your oad trip to az. can't wait to see pics of you and bribby!!!

rabnerfamily said...

Truly grand isn't it?! I hope we make it back there again someday. I would really like to hike the canyon and sleep overnight in the canyon. You two are so cute. Can't wait to see you in a few days!

Kelsey Booth said...

Your smile is beautiful without all of that metal and rubberbands :) I love it that Brady has a huge umbrella in his back pack...way to be safe so you're not sorry! I glad you had fun on your trip. Love ya!

Jaclyn said...

I still can't get over that squirrel...it's huge!