Wednesday, September 15, 2010

:: laying on the floor ::

Ryker in bed and not screaming - Check
Cookies for Brady to take to class tomorrow baked - Check
House picked up - Check
Brady home from school - ha yeah right 
So what better way then to spend 75 minuets on the phone with a girlfriend at 10pm right? As I lay on the floor of my apartment chatting we begin to talk about blogs and how she likes when people write "normal life" post and not just the super fun and exciting post. It got me thinking that we have had so many fun and exciting things going on since Ryker has been born that I have not slowed down to blog about things on mind and not just events. While we are talking I look up at the ceiling and a funny thought came into my mind "how fun would this ceiling be as a floor?" "what if we could switch the floor with the ceiling for a few days? that could be cool right?" Then I remembered as a child I would lay on the sofa at my parents house and look upside down at their ceiling and have the same thought. I know it is a very silly thought. Have any of you ever had this same thought before? If not I bet after you are done reading this you will try it out. It's kind of fun to think about. 
*****
Life has slowed down some this past week and it has been nice. Ryker and I are trying to still find balance in our life and I feel like we are getting closer to it.  I am still trying to get this little guy feeling better and over his silly cold/congestion and I think he is finally on the getting better side of it. 
*****
I feel so blessed to be the mother of such a sweet spirit. Ryker has been my best friend since I could first feel him wiggle in my tummy so many months ago and I hope that he stays that way for many years to come. I am so blessed to be able to stay at home with him and snuggle and play all day. Sure some moments are harder than others but life is never easy. Being a mom is the best for me. It comes so naturally for me and I hope that someday we are entrusted with many more sweet spirits like Ryker to fill our home with love, joy, happiness, and craziness. 
*****
I think it is good to sometimes just slow it down a notch and remember what is truly important to us and enjoy the small and simple joys in our daily lives. That is true happiness. 
*****
Right here, right now I have found true happiness and a purpose to my life. Thank you Brady. Thank you Ryker. Thank you Atlanta. Thank you family. You have helped me see this.

5 comments:

Megan said...

you are wonderful. thanks for the new perspectives. and no i've never thought about switching my ceiling and floor! as i gaze upon my ceiling, wouldn't want to switch it! it's white, need i say more with 2 kids i am already cleaning up after constantly! love you.

Nikki said...

You're so cute. I love the every day stuff too! xoxo. I talk to you mom every Tuesday about you and your cute baby. Love ya!

Kelsey Booth said...

Loved your post - thanks for reminding me of why I started my blog.

Lori said...

i automatically looked up at my cousins ceiling and went "huh" that WOULD be cool

Bren and Jen said...

I always lay on the floor and think what it would be like if it was switched. That is so funny that you do it also. I am glad you guys are doing so good, and Ryker is cuter then ever.