Sunday, September 12, 2010

:: white coat ceremony ::

Yesterday was Brady's white coat ceremony. It was a very nice event. The speakers were great and gave the students wonderful advice. I love that here at Emory they focus not only on their education while in school but also how to keep learning once they are in the working field and that they will learn the most from their patients. I know Brady will make a wonderful physical therapist. 
Dr. Hoder dressing Brady in his white coat.
 Doctors started wearing the white lab coat in the 1860's because they were more than just medical doctors they were scientist. Just a fun fact that we learned at the ceremony. 
I love Brady's ear to ear smile here. He looks so good sporting his white coat. I am so proud of him and all of his hard work that has gotten him this far. Way to go sweets!! 
The Bro's 
This is what all of the guys in the program call themselves. Oh and they even do a bro's night and invited Ryker to join them. I learned that our son is the class mascot. I love how the entire class loves him and they have only met his twice. Ryker was the hit of the event. Everyone wanted to see and hold him and all of the girls in the class were showing him off to their parents that were there. 

Ryker went to Brady's class on Friday and his teacher tested his motor skills and reflexes. He did really well and is in the 91%. So pretty much our son is AWESOME. He did amazing for the class also. He was striped down to his diaper and picked on for an hour and didn't fuss until the last few minuets when he decided it was eating time. He even showed off his new love of gibber.jabbing. and everyone thought he was just so cute. 
Our happy family.
We are so proud of Brady!!
My two handsome guys! I love them so much and am so blessed to have them both for all of eternity. 
After the big event all 3 of us were beat and came home to take a nap. When I woke up Brady and Ryker were watching football together. It was so cute. Ryker is just like his daddy and already loving watching sports. Check out his smile. 

*Ryker side note: he has started cooing and it is just about the cutest sound in the world. I am going to try and get a video of it. Oh and he now makes a really good dolphin sound. We love it! 

6 comments:

Blake and Annie Nielson said...

Go Brady! What a fun ceremony. And Ryker looks oh so adorable as usual.

Whitney said...

That is pretty awesome! Congrats to Brady. I can't believe how big Ryker is getting, watch out because they grow up really fast!

Megan said...

way to go brady! you make us so proud. your family is so stinkin' adorable and you have the most handsome boys!

Lori said...

go brady go!

Bren and Jen said...

Brady has a white coat, that is huge. It's like he is a real adult now. Congrats! GO TEAM RYKER. You must be proud that he is the mascot. Ryker is so cute, I love the pic of brady holding him. So cute.

Doreen said...

WOW the white coat eh? That's awesome!! I know I'm a little behind on things in the blog world these days but I'm trying to catch up!!! You look GREAT Panzy!!!