Sunday, September 19, 2010

:: year of the tiger ::

{Chinese Calendar}

So Brady and I have a long lasting joke about what animal we are on the Chinese calandar. I mostly like to rub in his face that I am a tiger and he is a rat. This is the conversation that took place yesterday and I was dying of laughter and HAD to post it so I would never forget it.

*****
Lindsay: guess what 2010 is the year of the Tiger. Ryker is a Tiger like me!!
Brady: when is the next year of the Rat so we can have a baby that year so I'm not the only Rat in the family?
Lindsay: I'm not sure lets look and see
Brady: we need to have a baby 2020 so I wont be the only Rat in the family.
Lindsay: hahahahahah.......... heehehehehehe..........
Brady: man I am the worst animal out of all of them.{rat, ox, tiger, rabbit, dragon, snake, horse, sheep, monkey, roster, dog, boar) I would rather be anything else. All of the other ones would kill me.

So silly that we even care what animal we are but I found it cute that Brady wanted another rat in the family. Gosh I love this guy of mine. I can always count on him for a good laugh.

*****
Now with all of this tiger talk I have the song "in the eye of the tiger" playing in my head and it brings only one thing/person to my mind (mugs, kels, or pappy you should know this one) ...... yep 5:30am freestyle and Niko warming up on the ice at the rink. Wow what a memory.

6 comments:

Megan said...

you crack me up. oh memories, memories of that blasted rink. the fun and bane of our existences at times, wouldn't you say? always loved watching nikko skate, he was so fun and talented.

brady makes me laugh. i'm a dog, better than a rat. but the question is, do a tiger and rat get along per the sayings? are you meant to "really be together?!"

music class sounds like ton of fun. i think it's good to get in the habit and find something fun to do together (and meet and make friends for you!). even though liam didn't see the animals or couldn't get round without my help, i loved taking him to the zoo and park.

love you and miss you so so terribly much!

Blake and Annie Nielson said...

Love this:) Tell Brady I'm a rat too. But Blake is also so we already have two rats in our family. And its weird that two rats made a tiger..... interesting

nan8223 said...

So funny! I am a dragon and Julio is a monkey. Guess who is the serious one? (Ha, ha!)
Sounds like you are having fun and making the most of your Atlanta experience. I love living vicariously through your (and your sisters'!) blogs. Miss you!
Natalie

Lori said...

haha. i like you two

Kelsey Booth said...

I bet 2 rats can gnaw a tiger to death real easy!

Nikki said...

hahaha. I'm so glad you posted this. Wes and I always have random conversations like that I don't post them because I know everyone will not have a CLUE what we are talking about. ahahaha. good luck with #2 in 2020...man that's far away. :)