Sunday, August 7, 2011

{Ryker's Birthday Party}

Let me start with WE LIKE TO PARTY!
And your son's FIRST birthday is a pretty darn good excuse to host an AMAZING party.  
I got back from Utah on Tuesday night and worked like a crazy lady all week to pull this off. 
 This was one of the largest parties I have ever hosted alone. This little boy is VERY loved. Guest list was 40 people. 
 We did a BBQ/ swimming party. I love our complex and that we have such nice places to host parties. It is so fun. 
 I am totally bummed that I didn't get any pictures of the DELICIOUS food spread. I LOVE how the fruit kabobs turned out. 
 So here is why there are not more pictures of us outside..... We were almost done with dinner and a lovely Georgia summer down poor rolled in. Thank goodness for all of our wonderful friends and our close proximity to the pool. We were able to get everything/everyone packed up and into our house and the only things that didn't survive were my poof balls hanging in the trees. Not bad considering within 3 mins of trying to get everything picked up you would have thought I had jumped in the pool for a little cooling off. Good thing I love summer rain storms and could just laugh about it. So we moved the party upstairs to our place where we had 30 wet people squished into our living room. Made for some good memories. I am mostly just happy that I had the thought "I better clean the house up just in case it rains and we end up in here". Good thing I did or else I would have been mortified having everyone over and a kitchen full of dishes and frosting {like it was the night before}.
 I am so happy that we did remember to at least get a picture of the 3 of us. Hey and Ryker even kept his hat on for one picture! yay! Yes that is Ryker's favorite face. His curious face is what we like to call it. 
 The Cake.
This was my first one doing without my sisters and I am very PROUD of how it turned out. Thanks for helping me with the cake Stephanie!  I am SO grateful that we decided to leave the cake in our house until after dinner {we didn't want it to melt - it was VERY hot} the rain would have killed it and I would have cried. 



Smash cake.
Ryker you are too funny. It cracks me up that you HATE getting messy. So not boy. But SO your ME! Sweet you do have a little bit of me in you. 
 This ball was the first gift Ryker opened and it was the favorite. He would NOT put this ball down for the rest of the night. He would open another present and toss it behind him and keep playing with the ball. It was pretty funny. 
First hoop.
Daddy teaching Ryker how to make a basket. He is a natural just like his daddy. Oh and I think he just might be a lefty! 

Ryker Gabriel we LOVE you with all of our hearts. Thank you for being so much fun and bring so much joy to our lives. We can't wait for what this next year has in store for us. 


Love Mommy and Daddy.

2 comments:

The Stylers said...

I can't get over your cute little guy!! You are amazing, you sure know how to throw a party!! I'm glad Rykers First was GREAT!

Amanda and Tom said...

Happy birthday ryker!