Sunday, September 29, 2013

{Grayson's 1st Birthday Party :: Very Hungry Caterpillar}

Aw my sweet angle baby is going to be one this week. This seems so crazy to me because it has been a whirlwind of a year of change for our family. I have decided that I want to be a party planer when my kids are all grown up... this was too fun!
I am usually a evite kind of a girl when it comes to invitations but Kelsey convinced me that I needed to do these and I am glad she did. They turned out adorable and I love looking at it on my fridge. Here is the link that I used to create mine. Free Invitation Template . I copied a lot of ideas from other people and then made some up in Photoshop Elements. It has been fun learning a new program. 
 It all came together so well. I did learn that on my next cake I am not going to do a fondant layer - I will stick to butter cream because when you have a super moist cake {like yummy red velvet} it makes the fondant start to bulge. 
 We don't know too many people here in Madison so we thought what better way to get to know people than inviting them to a party in our home. We had such a great turn out. Thanks everyone for coming and celebrating our Gray baby. 



 I just taped wrapping paper to the wall for the back drop. 


 Mason jars and paper straws make me smile. If you are looking for a good place to buy paper straws - Bed Bath and Beyond sells a box of 144 for only $5. It was the best deal I found.
Party favors. 


 Yay he actually smashed his "smash" cake. All of the bigger kids were cute and encouraging him to smash it and stuffing cake in his mouth. They were being very "helpful". 



We almost forgot to get a family photo. I was trying to be better about enjoying the party and actually taking pictures. Usually after the party is all over I think to myself "oh crap I didn't get enough photos". 
 Grayson was so excited for his friends to show up. This cute guy did so well at the party. We are sure blessed to have you in our family sweet Gray baby. 
 This cutie was my helper for 3 days as I worked on creating everything. He was just as excited for the party as I was. He is totally my son and LOVES parties! 


It is so much more fun throwing parties at a house - the kids ate outside {yay for food not getting all over my house}, and played outside and we had enough space for everyone. I am so excited for my Witches Lunch in a few weeks!! 

Happy Partying! 

3 comments:

Jessie said...

adorable! what a perfect party. i love all of it. the decor, the smash cake, the sweet chubby baby eating it, everything. :) happy birthday baby gray!

Danny and Kaitlin said...

this turned out SO cute!! Wish you still lived closer! I can't believe he is going to be 1!

Marie said...

Super cute! Great job on the invite!