As most of you know I was laid off back in February and have been searching for a job like crazy. Life has not been too bad while I have been job searching until last Friday. Brady came home from work and told me that his company laid off the entire sales department. Luckily he is not in that department but what that does mean is that his company is going under. Brady's job is to retain their 17,000 clients but once those clients are done needing their services the company will be dissolved. They told him that he can count on a job until August and after that they are unsure. So now both of us are on the job search. It was very kind of their management to at least give them a heads up of their lack of job security. So he can still be working while looking for something new.
Since Brady did not get into grad school this year we were planning on staying in the Provo area for the next year but now we are thinking about picking up and moving down south where it will be WAY too hot for me St. George. Brady's best friend Blake lives down there and he works for a good stable company and he told us that he could get Brady a job with them and even if I wanted one also that could probably happen also. So we are very grateful for Blake's help on this. Nothing is final by any means but that is looking like our best option as of now.
Other than that our life is full of joy and happiness. Brady and I are so blessed to surrounded by such great family and friends who we love to spend time with. It will be hard and sad to leave them all but I guess that is what life is all about... Change. I will keep everyone posted on what will be happening with our little Wood family.
The Lord has reminded me yet again that he is in charge of what goes on down here and that I just need to have faith in him that everything will be OK and it all happens for a good reason. This has been a very good reminder for me. In case any of you don't already know this I am a planner. I like to have everything planned out so I can be prepared for it. The last few months have been anything but planned and very unexpected. But I do know that as long as we keep doing what is right and living good lives the Lord will take care of us.

4 comments:
Lindsay - we know exactly what you're going through - It's so tough but I love your outlook. It's very true. Are we still on for games this Thursday? You guys should come over for dinner too. We all need a fun night. Love you so much!
Linds...totally been there before. And it's NOT fun, but you guys definitely have the right attitude about everything. I know that it'll all work out the way it should! And St. George is a great place to live!
So I guess I'm a big jerk and didn't give you the chance to tell me this yesterday. I'm so sorry! I love you! I can totally relate to the desire to plan. I feel like that was our story for way too long. You'll make it through:)
Oh I took such a cute picture!! You guys should stay up here!!!
Post a Comment