
I am truly sorry I have not been blogging the past month. I guess I needed a break and now I am back! Last month my family went out to visit my sister Kelsey and her family in Chicago. On this trip we also got to take a 5 1/2 hour drive down to Nauvoo.

I never thought I would enjoy seeing church sites as much as I did. I now have a new respect and admiration for the sacrifices the early saints had to make so I can live now with the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life today. It was so neat to go through the Nauvoo Temple also and see how it would have looked back then and it is amazing to know that they were that advanced in architecture. It was truly beautiful!

We also made the drive to Carthage where our Prophet Brother Joseph Smith was martyred. The sprite there was overwhelming and peaceful. I loved learning more about where our church came from and cant wait to learn more and go back with Brady.

This was the window that Joseph Smith fell out of.

This is the door into the bedroom and it still has the bullet holes from the day of the shooting.

The bedroom that Joseph Smith and the others spent their last night in.

The cellar they were first put in but it was too hot that the runner of the jail gave up his room and let them stay in there.

Allie Jo playing in the water well.

I got to carry the water pails on my shoulders... it was totally awesome!

The news paper press shop in Nauvoo.


I love this little girl so much!

You know it a Rabner girl classic! We didn't even have to plan this that's how much we are alike!!

Pappy learning how to make bricks.


Anthony and Ben found this neat antique shop on Main Street... I loved the hats!

But I think Ben looks better in his especially with his Nixon button.

Allie Jo dancing in her new skirt Nana bought her. She loved it and it was so funny to watch her twirl in it. She cried when we had to take it off to get in her car seat.
3 comments:
Thanks for the post, the pictures are awesome! I love you!
I loved seeing the pictures from your trip. It made me so excited for our coming trip. I am looking forward to seeing you all in a few weeks. I have the best in-laws!
so much fun! That picture with you and the water pails is priceless!
Post a Comment