Tuesday, July 6, 2010

:: 38 weeks ::

Today I am 38 weeks and I think I am OK with the idea of my Ryker guy coming at anytime now. Actually his daddy is even more anxious for him to get here than me (Brady is pretty cute and excited to meet his little guy). Look at these 2 pictures.... they were taken just moments apart from each other yet I think my belly looks totally different in both of them. Kinda crazy. Brady says Ryker has dropped a lot in the past 2 days. I find it hard to tell from my angle of looking down. But I think he might be right because I seem to be able to breath better and I can't feel a ghetto booty in my ribs anymore. Which I think is a good sign of Ryker thinking about coming out to meet his mommy and daddy.
We are a little anxious to see what the next 24 hours bring us... you ask why? Funny story. One night when we were still living in St. George I asked Brady:
Linds: What day do you think Ryker will be born on?
Brady: Ummmm... I think July 7th
Linds: Why that day?
Brady: I don't know but I just think so. What day do you think he will be born on?
Linds: July 21st
Brady: Why?
Linds: Because I don't think he is going to come early and I don't want to get my hopes up of him coming sooner.
And now you are all wondering why I am making such a big deal out of such a simple bedtime chat. Well Brady has this gift of always being right (I know I don't like to admit very often that I am wrong but I usually am with him). Everything Brady has said about this baby from the get go has been right on the money. I guess he is just way "in tune" with Ryker. So we will keep you posted on if he is right again. But as for now I still have a busy week ahead of me and much to get done. Oh and I would really like for my mom to be here when I deliver as well.

Hot chocolate in July? Yes please. This has been my key to sleeping well the past few weeks. One mug of hot chocolate before bed. It calms my usually unhappy stomach and I have been sleeping like a queen and only getting up once to go to the bathroom (that beats the 3-4 times a night my friends are getting up). I kinda feel like my mom drinking this before bed because as a child my mom would always have me make her a glass of hot chocolate with malt in it for her.
My next choice of beverage has been grape soda. I can not seem to get enough of it. Funny thing is I normally am not much of a soda drinker but WOW does this stuff hit a heavenly spot for me. Good thing Brady loves to find good deals on soda so we can buy it (we are normally to cheap to buy it very often).
Memories of pregnancy:
  • I LOVE feeling Ryker move in my tummy. I think I will actually miss it a lot.
  • I LOVE how Brady talks and kisses my belly and checks up on "his boy".
  • I have LOVED having a baby bump of my own - I think they are really cute.
  • Grape soda.
  • Hot chocolate.
  • I have LOVED being able to sleep A LOT.
  • Love buying baby anything and everything. Even before I was pregnant I always had to stop and look at the baby clothes.
  • Love floating in the pool. It feels AMAZING on my back.
  • I have worried more about Ryker's health than I ever thought I could/would.
  • Pregnancy is harder than I ever thought it would be. I guess it has been one of my life humbling lessons and I feel bad for women who have really bad pregnancies.
  • I LOVE just thinking about Ryker and what he is going to look like or his personality and can't wait to meet/hold him.
  • I LOVE the feeling of Ryker already being my best little friend.
  • I can't wait to have my normal appetite back.
  • I hope at least some of my brain comes back to me.
  • I have LOVED how much my hair has grown. It's finally long!

5 comments:

Megan said...

you are so great! you look fantastic and i hope you are feeling well. love how hot choc. soothes you to sleep - you are like mom! hope your little man doesn't come early, mom would hate to miss it. glad you find joy in the crazy 9 months you've been through, it saddens me when women are too miserable to enjoy their pregnancies. good luck, love and miss you!!

Kelsey Booth said...

Mmmmmm...grape soda is amazing - the Ba Ba loves it too. We'll see if you have that little boy early but I think Brady is going to be wrong on this one. I am so glad that you have loved being pregnant but I know you will love being a mom even more.

The Stylers said...

I am SO excited for Ryker to get here!!! You are looking great! We miss you guys and are glad things are going good for you!! Good luck with your labor and delivery!! Keep us posted!! :)

Falon Felsted said...

Aloha Amiga! You look as gorgeous as ever! Sorry I've been such a slacker and haven't been on here before now! Love your blog and I'm soo glad you are doing great! I'm not at all suprised that you already have loads of cool friends! We all miss you here and are eagerly awaiting news of Ryker's arrival!!

Minnie said...

That's funny. I totally craved grape soda with Sammi.