This past weekend I decided our living room needed a face lift. I completed drapes (I will take a picture of them once I finish the room), I started sewing new slip covers for the throw pillows, and we decided to change our slip cover on the sofa. When we bought this sofa 18 months ago we bought 2 slip covers and this is the first time we have switched them out. As we are putting them on and opening them for the first time we come to realize Ikea sent us a right handed love seat cover instead of a left hand when they delivered our sofa. So what we have wont work AND to make matters even better this sofa has been discontinued and we can not exchange it. Sunday night when this all happened my blood was boiling with anger. I was so upset that when Ryker would not eat and started screaming I yelled back at him for the first time. Yes I felt like a horrible mom at that moment and I'm pretty sure I scared Brady. But after much research online I have found a place that has my left hand love seat slip cover that I can buy. WAHOO!!! I am feeling much happier about the situation other than we have to buy another one. BUT at least I found it. Because we really LOVE this textile. So this is what our lovely sofa looks like until the new cover arrives.
Sneak peak of Halloween
We tried Ryker's Halloween costume. All I have to say is I LOVE this little guy. Is he not just the cutest. I love Halloween and am excited to take Ryker trick or treating at our ward trunk or treat and me and a few friends are throwing a witches lunch party for mommy's and kids. It should be oh so fun.
On Saturday the 3 of us went out to Stone Mountain for a run as a family and ended with Ryker's first picnic at the park. It was a perfect fall day. I love this little pumpkin hat. My friend Erin lent it to us for some fall pictures.
We didn't make it to the pumpkin patch for more pictures as we had planned on (Ryker decided to have a melt down) so we are going to try again.
Ryker is getting better at tummy time. Today he got up on his elbows for the first time. I will have to try and get a video of that. He is such a strong little man.
Tonight Ryker tried rice cereal for the first time. I know he is still pretty young but at night before bed he nurses on both sides and still acts hungry. He is such a good eater when it comes to his mommy's milk we decided maybe he needed something more. I don't know how much he liked it. He was very unsure about it all. But we will keep trying and I hope this helps him sleep better at night.
Open BIG!
Ryker has learned he has hands and he LOVES them. He tries really hard to get both hands in his mouth at the same time. I think he thought his hand tasted better than the rice. Oh and I have to say I LOVE this this little guys rolls. They just keep getting bigger and he just keeps getting cuter!

6 comments:
you are mean! making him be on his tummy, sheesh! he is such a ham, stud, awesome little man! i can't believe how big he is getting. glad you found a slip cover, that would frustrate me to no end as well. loves loves loves!!!
Your blog is so cute. I love all the pics, and your rant about the sofa- I am the same way!! hehe. Glad you found a way to get what you needed. and Ps. If you sew- can you please come help learn my machine!! lol
What a cute guy you have! I love the pics and hope you have super fun Halloween party. I can't wait for our kiddos to play together soon :)
I LOVE those rolls too! You guys have so much fun together. And good job finding the slipcovers. I would have given up and just been mad. Bravo! I btw love halloween and wish I could dress Ayla up for it. I'll settle with dressing up my big belly:) I think Rykers costume is so cute and fun. He actually looks like he enjoys being in it. I hope you guys dress up too and post it. P.S. I STILL need to call you:)
He is so cute! With that picture of you feeding him, I still feel like he is not your and that you are babysitting. I can't believe you are a mom. I can't wait to see you soon. I keep thinking about it. Yeah
Lindsay he is soooo cute! I love all the pictures of Ryker you put up, and I hope I can meet him sometime soon!
Post a Comment