Monday, October 11, 2010

:: weekend of apples ::

 This weekend has been full of apples. Ryker and I went to Ellijay with some friends to an apple farm. We had quite the excursion in the car on the way there. It should have taken us 2 hours to get there and it ended up taking 3 hours. It took us 45 minuets to go the last 2 miles to the farm. Yes you guessed it the kids were going crazy. 
But once we arrived there it was a blast. We got to watch our first pig race ever. Ryker didn't like the squealing pigs but we thought it was great. 
 We got super tasty apples and apple sider to bring home. Mmmmm I love the fall. 
 Ryker had so much fun that he zonked out. This farm had so much to do I think we will have to come back out here when Kels and the girls come out in November. I love having a baby and all of the fun things I get to do with him. Being a mom is the best! Now we just need to find a pumpkin patch to go to. 
 This is what we did with some of the apples we picked. 
 We made caramel to dip them in and create these beauties.  
I love fall cooking/baking. I am going to a recipe night on Friday with a theme of favorite fall dish. I have too many favorites to decided. Should I do a dessert or a soup? 

6 comments:

Sam said...

those caramel apples look AMAZING! you are awesome!

Kelsey Booth said...

I can't wait to go with you to the farm. Glad you had fun!

Amanda and Tom said...

Those caramel apples looked AMAZING!

Megan said...

scrumpcious and fun!!! do a dessert, they are always the best!

JoshandMegs said...

Do BOTH!! Desserts and Soups are so wonderful this time of year :)
The apples look so good! I think I'll be making some this weekend now!!

Courtney B said...

I can't believe Ryker is SO big! I can't wait to meet him! I forgot to ask...are you guys doing P90X?!