Sunday, December 5, 2010

:: A Tennessee Thanksgiving ::

For Thanksgiving this year we decided to all {Pete + family, Kels + family, Nana & Papa, and me + family} meet in Chattanooga, Tennessee. It was a do'able drive for all of us. Brady and I got the best end of the deal it was only a 2 hour drive for us. It was so fun Nana and Papa rented a cabin so we could all be together.  
Dance Party. Take one. 

We all arrived on Wednesday. Later that night Papa broke out a super cool toy that we all enjoyed for the weekend - glow sticks. Yes, we know our family has mad dancing skills.
Nana and Pete chillin with Tiny {Ryker} and Little Squish {Sophi}.
Sweet Bells kept having me take pictures of her and then she would look at them to make sure they were good enough. This one was her favorite. I love that as soon as she walked into the house with her backpack she came to me and sat down in my lap and had me read her a book. It made my day that she loved on me and she had not seen me in a year. She was also my ice cream buddy. Anytime I was eating a bowl she would alway find me and ask me to share with her.
The one and only HAPPY THANKSGIVING picture. I know lame that I didn't take more but Nana was loving hanging out with most {we missed you Liam and Lyra} of her grand babies.
My Ryker baby had his first HUGE blow out on this trip. He was covered from head to toe in poop. We couldn't find the camera before we got him in the bath or should I say sink. It was pretty funny Ali said "eewww Ryker has poop in his hair". It made me laugh pretty hard. How can you be mad at this cute face? It's too kissable.
We played tons of games all weekend and it was JUST what we needed! I love playing games and eating treats until the weee hours of the morning while laughing until I cry.
The BEST part of the day was hearing Pappy gobble like a turkey. Don't judge me because I look 9 months prego in this video - just listen to Pappy.
This is what happens to us when we are up past our bedtime. We turn CRAZY!

Joey, Arabella, and Ali were playing so cute together. So much cousin fun!
Getting ready to go on our first train ride. It was FREEZING on Friday. Very different from the day before when it was t-shirt weather. Winter in the south is VERY different from Utah winter. Here it can't seem to make up its mind if it wants to be cold winter weather or warm fall weather. It makes for dressing tricky.
I love Ryker's new puppy dog coat. Thanks Nana.
Our good looking family. Love ya'll and I am so grateful we were able to go on this vacation together.
Hop on board the animal train, the animal train, learning about letters really is lots of fun. I totally had this song from the toy train in my head the entire time.
Sophi it's OK I would be sad too if my hat was twisted and covering my eye. I love this picture of the Booth family.
Now I didn't see this but Pete did and I'm sure glad he took a picture because we sure did miss you Mugsie and of course you are the one we thought of when we saw this truck.
The WII is a great family gaming unit. Even Pappy got into playing it.
Rabner family. This picture is perfect for them being in front of a train - these boys LOVE trains.
This is where these three wholagens spent most of their time. They made a pretty good team at Mario.

We had a blast being together and you would have thought that Brady and I would have taken at least one picture of the 3 of us and some how we didn't. So lets hope we are better with the camera over Christmas so Ryker can have good memories of his first Christmas.


5 comments:

Matt and Brittany said...

oh my heck!!! ryker is so fetching cute! and your hair!!! not fair it is soooo long!

Lori said...

looks like an awesome thanksgiving. yay for family time!

Kelsey Booth said...

What a party! I laughed when playing the first video and you said "Ali come dance" Ali responded to the computer - I can't Linds, I am too far away! Love ya lots sissy - I miss you already!

Megan said...

those pics are awesome. of all the things to make ya'll miss me and think of me is piggly wiggly. wow. i feel the love. one year we'll be there too! it looks like so much fun! love you so much. hey, save a sisters' vacation for me too!

Doreen said...

HOLY COW Linds your hair is SO dang long. How did I not see your hair grow over time? That's crazy. Will I be seeing you at church tomorrow??? I sure hope so! If not, we'll have to plan our get together.