Wednesday, September 16, 2009

:: marie antoinette ::

i love to watch movies when i go to bed and last night i was so tired and it had been along time since i had seen marie antoinette. i thought i would just crash within minuets of turning it on like a usually do but i did not. i was suddenly flooded with memories of study abroad and paris. i could not stop thinking about every last bit of it. i saw this movie for the first time in paris with jessica and megan and we all loved it! it got me thinking about my house in la vessiena {i cant remember how to spell it but paris gals you know what i mean}, ridding the metro, shopping, exploring, museum going, walking across the pompidou on the way to school, eating amazing pastries and bread, playing frisbee every saturday morning at the effle tower park, thinking i was going to be killed in the park with shelley, and so many more emotions and places i loved to go. it also got me thinking {now that i am older and wiser} wow i did some crazy things and i don't really know how/why i am still alive to tell you the stories today. my friends always told me to be careful but none of it even made me nervous and just thinking about it last night kinda scared me. i was thinking wow i had some guts and i still thought i did but i guess now that i have a sweet husband and someday children i need to be more safe and make sure i am here for them. if you have not seen this movie i recommend it!

4 comments:

Jaclyn said...

Every time I watch that movie I think of study abroad too. It was such a great experience! I'm so glad I met all you guys! and I'm glad you are coming to your senses missy!!!!

Jessica said...

Love LOVE this movie. Right when we saw this, I needed a dose of America. Remember we got ice cream too? Umm, Paris study abroad round 2?

Sam said...

Awwww. You're making me miss it now too! I looked up my apartment the other day on google maps and started getting all nostalgic. And I second Jaclyn - be safer, lady! Especially if we hike Angel's Landing next weekend...

Kelsey Booth said...

I'm so glad you had that awesome experience. Now I have to go and rent that movie again! Love ya sissy :)