Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Canning for our food storage

Last week was my first time to the cannery. My mum and sister went obey the Prophet and work on our food storage. I had no idea that it would be so much fun!! We got to weigh all the food and wear some adorable hair nets and aprons. Hey we even got to sample the dried apple slices. Yummm... they were so tasty!

The sister missionary who was helping us was very sweet also. Its funny how old people don't give you instructions but then they get frustrated that you are doing it wrong when they never told you what to do in the first place.

All n'all we had a wonderful time and now we are prepared! I love following the Prophet he is such a wise man!

If you have never been to the cannery I suggest going. It was a blast and we got a lot done.

3 comments:

Elise said...

oh man i feel guilty now that we haven't even had a conversation about the topic! oh no!!!!

ps. we are so so bummed we didn't get to go dancing. did you guys have fun?

Tiffani Warner said...

looks like you had a fun time. Cut hair net! I gotta get me one of those.

The Barrus Family said...

Way to go Linds!! You know that brother of mine can eat!! You probably need 2 times the recommended amount for him!