I feel that it is uncharacteristic of myself to say that I hate something but in this case all I can say is I HATE Atlanta! I had really loved everything about this city until 2011. We had even contemplated the idea of staying here after we are done with school. That idea is no longer on the table in my mind.
Are you asking yourself WHY?
Because we have now been robbed twice in the past month and we supposedly live in one of the safest apartment communities in the city near the university. Yesterday Ryker and I were having a great day - he had napped really well, I was able to exercise, we were having fun playing and we headed out to the grocery store and come to see our jogger has been stolen from our front porch. It was chained up with my bike and some lame-o person decided it would be nice of them to take some chain cutters {who even owns these?} and cut our chain and take what is ours.
I feel unsafe and like we have a target painted on our apartment. With all of that has happened this month I went to the leasing office to see what they could do and now we are MOVING to a different apartment in the complex. Our apartment is finally all put together and feels like a home {we just finished hanging drapes in the bedrooms this week} and now I {yes ME because Brady has to study like a mad man} get to pack everything up and move to a new apartment and I only have 1 week to get everything ready for this.
This shall be a new experience for me to learn how to keep Ryker self entertained long enough that I might actually be able to accomplish this. Our new apartment will be on the 2nd floor so hopefully we will be less of a target {right now we are on the basement floor and there is no traffic other than us}and apparently that makes us a higher target for this kind of stuff.
I guess there is one positive note in all of this our rent will be going down $70 a month. WAHOO!! Now with this change we can afford a storage unit to put our bikes and strollers since we don't have the option to lock them up outside anymore.
All I can say is good thing tonight is girls recipe night because I really need a night out before I have to digest all of this.

8 comments:
I feel so horrible for you guys! I feel like you just can't trust anyone these days. :(
I hope you guys don't have anymore issues with living on the second floor. We've had things stolen from us, and it is one of the worst most angry feelings!!
Good luck with the move and keeping Ryker entertained. PRAY GIRL, PRAY!! :)
Your apartment seemed way safe and nice. That is horrible luck you guys have been having. It will get better. Remind yourself that. I can't imagine going through all that. I'm really glad you're getting a storage unit. You'll feel safe again I hope.
O man I wish I was there to help you!! I'm so sorry you are going through this!! TO Ryker: Be a good little boy so mommy can get the packing done! I hope everything works out for you guys!
Little Linny I am so sorry! I hope that this move will prove to be beneficial for your cute little family. I love you lots and you are always in my thoughts and prayers (and Ali's too as you are the Aunt in the Ocotpus!).
that bites. my heart stopped and i cannot believe this. i am so so sorry. did they take your bike with the jogger? i'm sorry you don't feel safe there, that is pathetic.
cute little guy. what a great 6 months for you guys!
Buy a gun and teach 'em who's boss Panz.
don't hate atlanta, hate the thugs that live in atlanta. :)
we'll play this week, for sure. how about wednesday?
Post a Comment