Saturday, January 15, 2011

:: snow day or should i say week ::

Brady was supposed to start school this week but could not due to snow and ice storms here in Georgia. Being from Utah where it snows 5 months out of the year it is crazy to think that 5 inches of snow can shut down a city for an entire week. The roads were covered in INCHES yes INCHES of ice and very unsafe to drive on so Brady and I were held hostage in our apartment to avoid getting in a wreck.

 But little did I know this was going to be a HUGE blessing to have Brady home with me and Ryker all week. This week has by far been the hardest week for me since Ryker has been born. He has been teething and his second tooth finally came in yesterday. I love my sweet baby but he has not been himself all week. He has been up every 2 hours at night screaming and not napping much in the day either. Needless to say I have been a zombie all week due to lack of sleep and a monster for a baby. Brady and I had a wonderful routine worked out at about 7am I would feed Ryker and hand him off to Brady and get to sleep for 2 more hours and then once I woke up Brady would get to go back to sleep.  This saved me. 

Today {I know it's Saturday} Brady went back to school and I was very nervous to be alone to deal with Ryker. Much to my surprise he was more like himself. He slept a little bit more last night, so I was able to sleep more and then he actually too two, two hour naps today. I was in heaven and Ryker and I were friends today. 

Some of you might think I am crazy for think/saying this but it amazes me to see how much Ryker understands what I say to him. He is already learning how to throw fits and arch his back so he about flips out of my arms and just screams and nothing will comfort him. I have started saying "OK Ryker if you are going to keep crying then you need to go to bed." and then I put him in his bed. {This is the only way I can deal with his screaming fits} Tonight Brady and I were trying to eat dinner and Ryker did not want to play in his rocking chair so when I picked him up and still would not stop crying I said "If you want to stay up with mommy and daddy then you need to be happy and not cry" a few seconds later he stopped crying. See he totally understands me and he is only 5 months old. I love it. 

The worst part of Brady having to go to school this weekend is we were supposed to go to Mississippi to meet little miss Ayla and see Blake and Annie. I have been looking forward to this trip for weeks. I hope we can find another weekend soon to make it out there. 

 We did venture out for a few walks this week to have a change of our 1200 sq feet apartment. Ryker looks so funny all bundled up and in the Bjorn. I love it. This walk took us an hour to get to Whole Foods which is on the other side of our fence because the parking lot was just that icy. When we got home I managed to lose Ryker's mitten {I was very devastated over this}I went through everything in our house 3 times and then while playing on the floor with Ryker this morning I saw it hiding under the sofa. Don't worry I did check under there and somehow missed twice. 
Ryker has discovered that not wearing pants is much more comfortable and all of the cool kids do it. 

I did not truly believe or understand just how icy it was this week. Click HERE to see for yourself. If only my skates were not stolen in our break in last week I could have joined this guy. 

I am glad that the three of us survived this week and did not kill one another but I am mostly glad to start being productive again. 

5 comments:

Megan said...

that ice is CRAZY! love the video. ryker definitely has it right, no pants is the way to go. wait until it's hot and he'll just want to crawl around in his diaper. glad you survived the ice storms and hope brady survives some longggggg days of school. bisous!!!!!

Sam said...

i just want to eat him up!! his little smile is so cute!

Kelsey Booth said...

I would be in the nut house if that happened to me. I am so glad that Brady was there to help with that poor little teething guy.

Joslyn said...

This ice is nuts! We just moved to North Carolina and EVERYTHING was shut down too! it's so goofy. Your cute little Ryker is darling! Don't you wish teeth could just come out in a day???

Courtney B said...

Ryker looks so much like Brady!!