This week Ryker made a HUGE step forward in the eating department.
He ate broccoli{chew, swallow, and enjoyed} and actually kept asking for MORE! I'm sure ya'll are wondering WHY this is such a big deal to me??? Because my tiny man does NOT touch veggies at ALL. It is very frustrating to me and I just keep trying and I totally did a HAPPY dance around the house when this happened. I was sad Brady was not home to witness it. So we had to call Nana and brag to her about this step forward.
About 6 weeks ago Ryker's eating habits went from moderate to terrible. He would only eat hot dogs, chicken nuggets, easy mac, cheese, and some fruits{depending on the day}. If I gave him anything else he would throw it across the room {this boy has an arm on him for sure}. I was super frustrated and decided Drill Sargent Mommy needed to come out. We started serving Ryker what I had made for dinner {like I had always done before} and if HE chose NOT to eat it and just throw it then we would offer him fruit and off to bed he went. Lets just say we think he went to bed rather hungry multiple nights a week. Were we starving him NO. Was he choosing to starve himself - YES! But as you have all seen my "Tiny guy" you know he is anything BUT tiny. This past week he has actually been eating dinner quite well and I am finally seeing some progress. It was/is a painful process that is for sure BUT I am SOOOOO happy we are moving forward and he is learning healthy eating habits. We will keep introducing him to veggies and trying them every night and hopefully have more success with him learning they are not yucky but YUMMY!
Mommy = 1
Ryker = ZERO
{For this week!}


2 comments:
Hooray Ryker! Veggies are SO tricky. And broccoli even more so! So hooray Mommy! :)
Broccoli is the one veggie that my older kids all love. I am hoping Lily follows suit. We have had many unhappy dinners over the years. But you are doing the right thing and someday you can tell Ryker the stories of this time.
Post a Comment