Who would have guessed you could find a bit of Germany in the good old Georgia mountains. We decided to take Grammy and Grandpa on one of our adventures for Spring Break to Helen, Georgia.
Ryker is really into bugs. He calls any and every bug a "lady bug". This is daddy and Ryker playing with bugs before our hike up to Anna Ruby Falls.
Ryker preferred Grandpa's shoulders to the backpack. I don't blame him.
I don't know that I would really call it a hike. It was more like a stroll up a paved trail to the twin waterfalls. It was nice being outside and enjoying nature.
Ryker you have started "running" now and it is quite entertaining to watch. You get your arms a going and it brings a smile to everyone to watch. And then you say "I go fast" and you are so proud of yourself. Love it.
Down Town Helen. Classic German buildings. I hear this place is story book dreamy at Christmas time.
We were totally bummed out that it rained the entire time so we didn't end up getting to go horse back riding down the Chattahoochee. I am determined to go horse back riding some day.....
Ryker has started to really love trains. We got to see this neat train museum of the Swiss Alps. This man and his wife created this together. It took them 20 years to build it all. The detail was nuts. At the swimming pool they even had people laying out and playing and everything.
Don't we make a cute little German couple. Hahahahahaha!!!
We did get to eat the best reuben sandwich I have ever had here. SO tasty!

3 comments:
i love that last picture. you 2 look hilarious(!!!!) as that little german couple. i love it. :)
I hope we get a chance to make it up there soon. I've been craving a European experience and that's as close as we're going to get for now!
Would you believe this is the only place in Georgia I've been? We went for spring break when I was in high school. Loved it! So cute!
Post a Comment