Wednesday, July 18, 2012

{Monsters in my closet!!}

Ryker has become quite the procrastinator at bedtime already. Tonight he was yelling from his bed "daddy come here, there are monsters in my closet!" Where he learned or got the idea of monsters in his closet I wish I knew {maybe Monsters Inc. but it has been months since he has watch that movie}. After 3 or 4 minuets straight of this Brady goes in there to show him there are no monsters in his closet he then begins to have Brady check "monster on the wall?" Nope! "monster in my big boy bed?" Nope! "monster on the floor?" Nope! "monster in my toys?" Nope! By this time Nana and I are dying of laughter on the couch listening to all of this. Silly guy. Where does a 2 year old get off knowing/thinking about monsters in his room? Monsters are COOL to Ryker - he doesn't know/think they are supposed to be scary yet. 

3 comments:

JoshandMegs said...

Aw yes, the old "monsters" excuse ;)
We've had that many times. Thankfully she LOVES Monsters Inc, so I remind her of that fact, and that there is no reason to be scared ;)
It is AMAZING how many excuses the little ones can come up with :)

Stacylyn said...

hahaha. That is so funny. Cute little guy.

Pete Rabner said...

I got to do the same checks with Arabella around that age. Have fun with them. Brady should beat up the invisible monsters and help build is "Super Hero" status.