Wednesday, September 26, 2012

{County Fair}

 Last weekend we went to the county fair with some friends. Ryker was MOST excited to see cows.... he has been begging for weeks to go to a farm and see cows. Why? I wish I knew but this is as close as we get to cows and farms living in the city. 
This is the BIGGEST cow I have ever seen. This picture doesn't even really do it justice. She is HUGE I mean check out that head. 
 Ryker and Em's had loads of fun seeing all of the cows and pigs. Despite their not so happy faces. 

 Ryker didn't want to pet the cows but Em's was LOVING it! Poor girl even stepped in a HUGE cow pie...and Steph was AMAZING and didn't even freak out when they both got poo on both of them. I can't say I would have been that calm about it. 
 We were there just in time to see the FFA kids showing their cows. Man were those the best looking cows I have ever seen. Their fur was so shiny and pretty and they were even hair spraying their backs to have mow-hawks. It was pretty cool. Ryker loved climbing up and down the stairs and watching "The Cow Show" as he called it. 


We forgot to get a picture of our "good eats" but we got to try frozen root beer {Ryker was loving this - I don't know how that kid didn't get a brain freeze with as fast as he was drinking it}, fried snickers, fried pickles, and fried oreos. They were all delicious!! I think the oreos won for the best treat! It was fun to try some traditional southern fried fair foods for the first time. Too bad Brady couldn't come he would have LOVED it! He has a slight obsession with fried food. 

No comments: