37 weeks - Grayson/mommy have had a MAJOR growing week.
Feeling HUGE!
I love that this cute guy loves to kiss "baby Gray". He is going to be such a good BIG brother!
How far along? 37 weeks - counting down to eviction day... and hoping that all of our long/killer walks get him to come out on his own and hopefully by his due date.
Weight Gain: 36 lbs. This is CRAZY to me that I have gained the same amount of weight as I did with Ryker yet I have been WAY more active and feel/look smaller than I was with Ryker. I didn't hardly exercise with Ryker and this time around I was running 20- 25 miles a week and lifting weights 2-3 days a week my first trimester and then 12 -15 miles a week and lifting weights 2 days a week until 24 weeks and about 10 miles a week {walking up hills only} and lifting weights 2 days a week until 31 weeks and I have been doing 10 - 12 miles a week of CRAZY hill walking since then. I would say that is pretty good but for some reason I guess I am domed to gained 40 lbs. no matter what. Lets PRAY all of this hard work through this pregnancy will help the weight to come off faster than it did with Ryker.
Best moment this week: Going swimming with my boys after a LONG, HOT walk. I jumped into the pool and it felt AMAZING. Brady put his toes in and thought I was CRAZY and that it was FREEZING. Ha I guess the hot walk + pregnancy will do that to you. We eventually got him all the way in the pool with us. And then it started to rain and we got to dance in the rain. Loved it all!
Any pregnancy symptoms? My back has been killing me this week. I struggle getting up... I have to fight through the pain and waddle for a minuet and then i'm usually OK. By early afternoon I am worn out and need a nap so I can make it through the day.
Miss Anything? Sleeping through the night - I have been having to get up and pee in the middle of the night. And it is a sad reality that sleeping through the night wont happen again for a VERY LONG time. sigh.
Movement: He goes in spurts of lots of movement. Neither of my boys have been CRAZY while in utero - which is nice. It will be fun to see him do his "twitches" once he is born. I remember Ryker doing certain things and thinking "you totally did that in my tummy - that's what you were doing".
Food cravings: Cinnamon Rolls - I was so happy I had a dinner party to make them for and frozen cookie dough balls. YUMMY!!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing that comes to mind this week.
Have you started to show yet: My stomach is really hard and we have both grown a LOT this past week.
Sleep: Not too bad other than I have to get up once and pee. My back has been bothering me that when I try to roll over it totally wakes me up and is painful to do so. It will be AWESOME once this little guy is born and my back will stop hurting!! I have been going to be super early - like between 8 and 9pm. I think my body is trying to take advantage of as much sleep as I can right now.
Gender: Boy
Labor Signs: Some braxton hicks and TONS and TONS of pressure. At my appointment on Wednesday my doctor said he was making his way down for sure. I also had them check on his head size {Ryker and his HUGE head has had me worried} and thankfully it is looking normal in size {this was the week that we found out Ryker's head was 2 weeks larger than it should have been} So MAJOR relief to find out Grayson's head is not looking that way. Should make for an easier delivery or so I hope. My doctor doesn't check you until you are past your due date - I get it, but kind of a bummer because I wanted to see if my body was making progress - it sure feels like it is so lets hope that is a good sing. They said I just need to walk a LOT {which I am doing 3 or 4 days a week I go on a 3 or 4 mile walk usually with the double stroller - now that I have Abby + our weekly adventures usually involve a lot walking} and lots of sex. I had always heard that sex is supposed to help get these babies out of you but my doctor explained that it is because sperm has the same effect as cervidil {this is one medicines they can use to induce you} - it helps soften your cervix. Sorry if this is TMI but I thought that was some good info. My doctor thinks he is going to be a long skinny baby. I am still thinking he will be 8 lbs. though.
Belly Button in or out? Outtie
Wedding rings on or off? ON
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy! Having lots of fun with Ryker and just trying to play with him a LOT before he has to share me. It was funny this week Abby called me mommy and Ryker looked at her and in a really mean tone said "that's not your mommy!" I think he just might be a BIT possessive over me.
Looking forward to: A busy week. I am so grateful these next few weeks are packed full of parties and play dates and babysitting Abby. It will make the time go by faster.
Miss Anything? Sleeping through the night - I have been having to get up and pee in the middle of the night. And it is a sad reality that sleeping through the night wont happen again for a VERY LONG time. sigh.
Movement: He goes in spurts of lots of movement. Neither of my boys have been CRAZY while in utero - which is nice. It will be fun to see him do his "twitches" once he is born. I remember Ryker doing certain things and thinking "you totally did that in my tummy - that's what you were doing".
Food cravings: Cinnamon Rolls - I was so happy I had a dinner party to make them for and frozen cookie dough balls. YUMMY!!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing that comes to mind this week.
Have you started to show yet: My stomach is really hard and we have both grown a LOT this past week.
Sleep: Not too bad other than I have to get up once and pee. My back has been bothering me that when I try to roll over it totally wakes me up and is painful to do so. It will be AWESOME once this little guy is born and my back will stop hurting!! I have been going to be super early - like between 8 and 9pm. I think my body is trying to take advantage of as much sleep as I can right now.
Gender: Boy
Labor Signs: Some braxton hicks and TONS and TONS of pressure. At my appointment on Wednesday my doctor said he was making his way down for sure. I also had them check on his head size {Ryker and his HUGE head has had me worried} and thankfully it is looking normal in size {this was the week that we found out Ryker's head was 2 weeks larger than it should have been} So MAJOR relief to find out Grayson's head is not looking that way. Should make for an easier delivery or so I hope. My doctor doesn't check you until you are past your due date - I get it, but kind of a bummer because I wanted to see if my body was making progress - it sure feels like it is so lets hope that is a good sing. They said I just need to walk a LOT {which I am doing 3 or 4 days a week I go on a 3 or 4 mile walk usually with the double stroller - now that I have Abby + our weekly adventures usually involve a lot walking} and lots of sex. I had always heard that sex is supposed to help get these babies out of you but my doctor explained that it is because sperm has the same effect as cervidil {this is one medicines they can use to induce you} - it helps soften your cervix. Sorry if this is TMI but I thought that was some good info. My doctor thinks he is going to be a long skinny baby. I am still thinking he will be 8 lbs. though.
Belly Button in or out? Outtie
Wedding rings on or off? ON
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy! Having lots of fun with Ryker and just trying to play with him a LOT before he has to share me. It was funny this week Abby called me mommy and Ryker looked at her and in a really mean tone said "that's not your mommy!" I think he just might be a BIT possessive over me.
Looking forward to: A busy week. I am so grateful these next few weeks are packed full of parties and play dates and babysitting Abby. It will make the time go by faster.
**Come on baby Gray we are ready for you and cant wait to meet you and you are now full term you are welcome to come join our family now!!!!
** This past week was a good one. I got all of Grayson's clothes, bottles, and other baby gear washed and put away in their new home. Finally feeling like we could bring a new baby home and be ready for him.

1 comment:
You look so great! I can't wait to be almost done like you!
Post a Comment