I met my dear friend Samantha on study abroad Paris fall 2006 and she has been dear to me ever since. I am so happy for her and Dave. They make such a perfect couple and both have some of the BEST dance moves EVER that they learned from Joann {Sam's mom}. I was lucky enough to go up to Virginia for their wedding this past weekend. I left my boys home alone for the first time to do this. It was AMAZING!! I had some anxiety when we pulled up to the airport since Ryker was saying "mommy can I come with you?" It was too cute to hear him say this and I was shocked that he was going to miss me this much.
Mr. and Mrs. Smith
I love this picture because it is Sam and Dave through and through. So much personality!
Samantha was stunning and I love how happy they both were all day/night long. That is what your wedding day is all about. Being so in love that, that is all everyone sees. It is your princess day and Sam totally looked like a princess with her prince and she loved it all. As they were getting ready to leave she told me that she didn't want the day to end. That it had been perfect!
Oatland Plantation
This is where the reception was held. It was so beautiful and fancy. I loved it. We had great food, great company, and a great dance party all night. Everyone kept saying to me "I hope you don't have this baby on the dance floor" It made me laugh every time.
Jaclyn was my super sweet date for the weekend. She was the best and picked me up from the airport and let me crash with her. It was so much fun hanging out just us and having some great girl time. Don't mind how sweaty I am and how CRAZY my hair is.... It was more humid here then it is in Atlanta. It was one HOT and buggy night. But that didn't stop us from having fun.
3 of the 4 Paris girls
I love this picture mostly because I have one just like it on my wedding day with these two beautiful girls and I will get one more on Jaclyn's wedding day and I plan on framing all three of them together. They are too cute and two of my favorites. So many fun memories with these girls.
Oh how I just love her dress. So classy and elegant.
We stayed at Jaclyn's parents house and it is in Virginia about an hour from DC in the country. It was so beautiful out there. I loved the view with all of the mountains and greenery. The only bad part was the windy road to get there.... needless to say I almost threw up every time we had to drive on it. This prego mama could not handle the twist n'turns and ups n'downs of the road.
My boys had a fun few days on their own also. Ryker even lucked out and didn't have to get his hair done {so I was told}. Brady was SUPER sweet when he picked me up from the airport and thanked me for ALL that I do for Ryker.... needless to say he really learned what being a stay at home mom is all about. .... HARD WORK! It would make me laugh when he would tell me of Ryker doing something frustrating and my response was "Yes, this is normal and happens daily".
A weekend away with sweet girl friends is just what I needed before baby Grayson comes. Thanks to all who made this happen.



2 comments:
I'm so glad you came, Linds! it was so much fun having you here and I'm so glad you got to see where Sam and I are from :)
ps, I'm totally Pit-stains Peterson in that one photo...
Yay!! I was so happy you were there!! Love the pic of the three of us and I can't wait til Jac's wedding so I can see the final product :)
Post a Comment