I turned 26 this week.
Its crazy to think about age because most days if someone were to ask me how old I am I would have really think about it. I guess its a good thing that my age doesn't really matter to me. I do love birthdays thought. Usually they are a HUGE deal but this year was very low key and it was perfect.... I didn't have the energy or desire to put something fancy together for myself. The day started out GREAT. Brady got up with Ryker so I could sleep in and they made me waffles - yum! I watched Abby and had a few friends come over for a play date. The kids had a wonderful time running, playing, and stretching toys from one end of the house to the other and back again while the moms sat on the couch and chatted and ate yummy brownies. It was nice to let the kids just play on their own and get to just hangout with the girls. I love this stage Ryker is in. So fun. Ryker was pretty much a monster most of the day {this is due to being in a CRAZY sleep funk - not sleeping well at night and not napping is the perfect recipe for a crabby child and mama}. I felt bad that by the end of the day I found myself hiding from him in my bedroom just needing a break from the crying, mean talking, and whatever else he was doing. He really is a sweet boy most of the time just not the past week because he is so tired all of the time. I can NOT wait to get through this phase and back into a good sleep schedule so we can all be happy again.
Brady was the best and made me dinner and then I saw this delicious red velvet cheese cake at Sam's that I decided needed to be my birthday cake. It was super tasty and normally am not one for store bought baked goods. After we finally got the monster child in bed we decided to watch Hunger Games that I had gotten for my birthday and I fell asleep in about 10 minuets into the movie. I guess that tells you how good/bad my day was and just how pregnant I am {this was at like 8pm - haha}.
Here is to another awesome year with my boys!

3 comments:
Happy Birthday! It is amazing how much more awake you will feel AFTER having your baby! At least that's how I felt. This post reminded me of when I would just crash by 8:30ish when pregnant with Mailie, and now I'm trying my hardest to stop my brain so I can fall asleep by midnight! ha.
happy birthday! i didn't know we shared our birth month! too fun! :)
oops! this is actually jessie, not paul. :)
Post a Comment